• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    We are going to start, on 5/6/17, at AAFG formalized practice sessions. We are going to hold them the first Saturday of the month, every month. I will, predominantly, be the match director. We will have three bays with various drills set up in each. We'll put some classic drills out (Bill, Blake, dots). We'll probably have the plate rack out. We'll be rotating different ideas each month to keep it fresh. These practice sessions will go for three hours. We're going to charge $10 per person for these sessions. They'll be action pistol sport agnostic. I'm going to say we'll cap it at 30 people per session. The practice sessions will be up on practiscore to register. Search on AAFG. I'll open sign up for the sessions 10 days before the event.

Here is the May 2017 sign up link:

https://practiscore.com/aafg-practice-day-may-2017/register

Jason Krywicki

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    This seems like a cool idea. I always practice by myself, and it would be fun to practice with some like minded shooters from time to time. Maybe I can help some newer guys with ideas for practice. Google says that's 1 hour 51 min from me. Which isn't that bad,

jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    This seems like a cool idea. I always practice by myself, and it would be fun to practice with some like minded shooters from time to time. Maybe I can help some newer guys with ideas for practice. Google says that's 1 hour 51 min from me. Which isn't that bad,
    We'd love to have you come over. I am also of the same mindset that if there are guys that would like to have some pointers or talk about how to get better and then work through it, that would be a cool thing as well.

mjschwartz74

Jan 31, 2016
    How does this work? Is this on base? CAC card req'd? At Meade you cannot enter with personally owned weapons, range has a gate off public road.

AAFG is located in Arnold, MD and not on a military installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    Hey Jason!

Are non members invited? Cindi and I would like to join on occasion.

Steve

Steve, absolutely. Members would have priority, but I can guarantee we won't have anywhere close to 30 members sign up. All comers are welcome. The only requirements would be that you:

1.) Have taken the AAFG action pistol orientation course; OR
    2.) Are a USPSA C class or higher in any division; OR
    3.) Are an IDPA SS or higher in any division.

Jason

Last edited:

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Steve, absolutely. Members would have priority, but I can guarantee we won't have anywhere close to 30 members sign up. All comers are welcome. The only requirements would be that you:

1.) Have taken the AAFG action pistol orientation course; OR
    2.) Are a USPSA C class or higher in any division; OR
    3.) Are an IDPA SS or higher in any class.

Jason

Thank you, I was going to suggest a skill prereq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom