• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    So, after speaking with several dealers today, it's my understanding that AR-10's are NOT on the ban list, and can continue to come in Maryland as-is!? Anyone else know this to be true as well!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    So, after speaking with several dealers today, it's my understanding that AR-10's are NOT on the ban list, and can continue to come in Maryland as-is!? Anyone else know this to be true as well!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Correct *UNLESS* is configured as a copycat, viz., has two or more of the following items: 1. folding stock, 2. flash suppressor and 3. grenade launcher

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The AR-10 is a whole 5 points less dangerous than the AR-15, and is capable of firing puppy-saving and rape-stopping bullets, so be sure to spread the word to your non-gun-savvy liberal Democrat friends, before they unfairly try to demonize it.

stupid

Jun 13, 2013
    I want to get one as a hunting rifle. Times are changing and I think that the ar-10 platform would be excellent for all sorts of hunting uses. Why use a traditional bolt action when I can use a sleek fancy new ar-10. Plus it would be great for hog hunting which is something I am intetested in doing in the future.

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    sorry, but as long as MSP gives the following answer to their FAQ on this subject, I wouldnt say its not banned... how much more vague of an answer could they possible give?

Q. In the past, semi automatic AR10 or Heavy Barrel "H Bar" AR rifles - have been considered long rifles and were not subject to a waiting period (per FFL & MSP approved sales). Our team uses these rifles in competitions - are they now part of the ban or considered regulated? They are not on the firearms list.
    A: According to existing law and the new law, the Colt AR-15 Sporter H-Bar rifle is exempt from the ban and is still for sale as a long gun.

azmp1

Apr 11, 2012
    Carroll County
    I wasn't gonna take any chances as to what they may decide is banned in a month and picked one up anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapa...what?

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I want to get one as a hunting rifle. Times are changing and I think that the ar-10 platform would be excellent for all sorts of hunting uses. Why use a traditional bolt action when I can use a sleek fancy new ar-10. Plus it would be great for hog hunting which is something I am intetested in doing in the future.

Unless you hunt in states like PA that do not allow hunting with semi-auto rifles including rimfire ones.

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    I bought an AR10 this spring, had to do the MSP "Not Disapproved" thing to get it. AND....it's even olive and black colored,,, like those evil State Police cars. BTW,,,,, it shoots well at long distances, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom