• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    There is no ban on handguns so please stop spreading that, you just need to obtain an HQL.

Right now...at this very moment there is a de facto ban...you can't take posession of a handgun purchased today without an HQL....Of which there is no apllication for. (unless of course you are exempted)

So to sum it all up: Unless you are one of the 'exempted ones' you must obtain an HQL which requires a class that doesn't yet exist in order to submit an application that doesn't yet exist.

OK, got it!

Whiskey

Sep 28, 2012
    Crownsville, MD
    I have been informed by a trooper in a position to know that the governor's office has decreed that handguns purchased prior to 10/1 are grandfathered, contrary to the AG opinion. Look for an official rumor "not disproved" from MSP

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I have been informed by a trooper in a position to know that the governor's office has decreed that handguns purchased prior to 10/1 are grandfathered, contrary to the AG opinion. Look for an official rumor "not disproved" from MSP

Hope it gets confirmed soon so the handgun shopping can continue unabated till 9/30.

Edit: Needless to say that this would be a maneuver to mitigate one of the lawsuit fronts. The tsunami of pre-Oct 1st handgun buyers who still haven't picked up their firearms would totally overwhelm the HQL process.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

Even if true, what about magazines with geater than 10 round capacity? And what about the sales that aren't happening this week because we are so near the Oct 1 date?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    But remember the 10 round magazine capacity limit kicks in 10/1. If you purchase a handgun now and clearly can't pick it up earlier than 10/1, at least get the 10+ round magazines from the LGS before 10/1.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012

The problem is that there may be no handguns left.

Many dealers decided not to restock given the states bungling of the alleged automated website, the "emergency regualtions" and administrations inability to give the same answer twice.

Whiskey

Sep 28, 2012
    Crownsville, MD
    They have to do something, otherwise no one will be able to pick up a handgun between 10/1 and 10/31.

There will be no way to pick up a handgun purchased after 10/1 until they get their act together. Anyone with a carry permit is eligible to have an HQL issued on the spot. The only ones in the state that will be able to purchase are retired and active military and LE. All of the rest of us are prohibited in total until they are able to issue the license. Even if the message is true and the Gov. was benevolent enough to "let us" have our handguns after 10/1, it's not clear yet that this will include releasing 11-20 round magazines so i suggest that if you are due a mag bigger than 10 rounds, get it as soon as you can.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    1.a. Vinny spoke truth too soon, or
    1.b. Vinny screwed up and blew up the whole deal

I'm calling it even money (but if you promise not to tell, I'm guessing it was b)

Either way gov is borking the AG. Vd was briefed in confidence perhaps...

Vd offhand comment would not be causative -- he was briefed in confidence so he would not blow a gasket. When It went public.

It was not for release until 1 Oct 2013 mostly as a attempt to moot an obvious filing in opposition. Or held back depending on the blowback.

Point is get the ag to commit in public to a decision that can't be sustained and let him swing until the gov pulls his a out of it.

Gov looks good AG looks follish. Now the ag should know that he He is sighted in...

Is he man enough to play in the majors... he is in it now..

All good stuff.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom