• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Nice job outrider. Great buck congrats.
    Yes never give up. Even though I've got my share this year I have been out all week. I'm out now looking for something in particular, been in stand all day seen a few but wrong flavor, lol

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Eff that! Don't get sad. Get mad! Kill something. Never give up!

I missed my "target buck" two days ago. I refused to feel bad about the shot or the miss. Season's still rolling. You have just as much chance now as you did when you missed. Next time, don't miss...

I didn't. ;)
    Nice job buddy! I'm out now hoping for similar luck!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Nice job buddy! I'm out now hoping for similar luck!

Still plenty of them running around. It's a perfect deer day. Good luck bro!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead

I missed my "target buck" two days ago. I refused to feel bad about the shot or the miss. Season's still rolling. You have just as much chance now as you did when you missed. Next time, don't miss...

I didn't. ;)
    Another beaut Outrider! Hard work paying off again. Congrats.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm jealous. I can't get into the woods for health reasons and this guy has 3,279,462 inches of horns so far this year.

Congrats again!

Keep up the good work!

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County

I didn't. ;)

You must teach me your tricks Sir. :party29:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I'm jealous. I can't get into the woods for health reasons and this guy has 3,279,462 inches of horns so far this year.

Congrats again!

Keep up the good work!

Why you gotta be that guy who rounds down?

I am going to hit Patuxent tomorrow. I am hoping the light snow forecast and somewhat less arctic temperatures has them moving. I also finally got a deer cart, delivered today. I am hoping it’s a good omen. I think I’ll end up needing it to haul my stand and the 8 layers of clothes I am going to be wearing to where I plan to set up (same place I saw a 6 point in the early season).

If the weather is okay in the afternoon I am going to take my oldest out for the first time (watching only) and setup a pop-up blind for us to hunt the last couple of hours of the day. I might do that back at Potapsco near my house though.

Ps and congrats again outrider!

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis

I didn't. ;)

Haha. Was very sarcastic on the grief counseling, was just a snowflake reference. Am pissed but have missed big fish and deer. All part of the sporting nature.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis

I didn't. ;)

Awesome deer my man !!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

I didn't. ;)

Very nice. I'm guessing lazarus is regretting not getting out today. lol Then again, maybe he will kill the monster of all monsters tomorrow.

I was supposed to go goose hunting this morning, but I woke up sick. My kids are killing me with this illness stuff. Cutting into my hunting/shooting time, and a lot of other things too.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Haha. Was very sarcastic on the grief counseling, was just a snowflake reference. Am pissed but have missed big fish and deer. All part of the sporting nature.
    Yeah I guessed that having missed or lost my share. Still people get down on themselves. I used to, but I learned that is just part of the game. It's what makes success that much sweeter. Looks like you had a clean miss? Those are the best kind. Better that than to leave a deer festering. Good luck on the rest of your season. Mine ended today.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Very nice. I'm guessing lazarus is regretting not getting out today. lol Then again, maybe he will kill the monster of all monsters tomorrow.

I was supposed to go goose hunting this morning, but I woke up sick. My kids are killing me with this illness stuff. Cutting into my hunting/shooting time, and a lot of other things too.
    Laz will get another chance. Just not with me this year. I'm done. He's got other things in the works though.

I know the feeling. First a cold, which I'm still hacking away from. Then a stomach thing. I'm not used to that crap. Hope you get better soon and get in a little more hunting.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Laz will get another chance. Just not with me this year. I'm done. He's got other things in the works though.

I know the feeling. First a cold, which I'm still hacking away from. Then a stomach thing. I'm not used to that crap. Hope you get better soon and get in a little more hunting.

You're choking on horns and have an upset stomach because you're eating too much venison.

See what being a successful hunter will do to your health. ;)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Why you gotta be that guy who rounds down?

I am going to hit Patuxent tomorrow. I am hoping the light snow forecast and somewhat less arctic temperatures has them moving. I also finally got a deer cart, delivered today. I am hoping it’s a good omen. I think I’ll end up needing it to haul my stand and the 8 layers of clothes I am going to be wearing to where I plan to set up (same place I saw a 6 point in the early season).

If the weather is okay in the afternoon I am going to take my oldest out for the first time (watching only) and setup a pop-up blind for us to hunt the last couple of hours of the day. I might do that back at Potapsco near my house though.

Ps and congrats again outrider!

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck to you guys.:thumbsup:

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Wasn't much out there tonight. Winds picked up for about two hours and the only thing I saw was a fox scooting through. Gonna try to get at it again tomorrow afternoon.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Tell me about it. They opened a new dog park in Abingdon and while there I noticed a bunch of deer around the woods on the property. I contacted Harford County asking for permission to bow hunt their woods. They said no. There must be 100 acres of woods around the dog park. There will be a lot of deer in those woods by next year.

No chance at all of hunting the property according to the folks who run the dog park. That sucks, I thought I was going to have a semi private property to hunt 5 minutes from my house.

Harford county owns literally thousands of undeveloped/ semi-developed acres designated as parkland and WILL NOT even consider opening it up to bowhunt. I can tell you where you'll find people poaching: Fords La., Jolly Acres, Swan Harbor, Tydings property, Mullins landfill, the Smith farm (annies playground) Chapel Rd..... A few others also I'm sure but these are places I've seen treestands.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Good job outrider. Let me know if you need a hunting buddy :lol2:

I watched a doe feed for about 40 minutes with no shot. I was hoping it would come in so i could call my season done. At it again tomorrow in the am :thumbsup:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Good job outrider. Let me know if you need a hunting buddy :lol2:

I watched a doe feed for about 40 minutes with no shot. I was hoping it would come in so i could call my season done. At it again tomorrow in the am :thumbsup:

I keep inviting people and they keep turning me down. :o :shrug:

Good luck tomorrow. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom