• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Folks love and hate these rifles. If you can wait and shop around they can be found used with minimal use fairly cheap (less than $200). You need a bit of patience for this, though.

Gun and pawn shops in PA may be your best chance of striking a deal.

I bought one over the summer and used it to hunt squirrels with one day a few weeks ago...fun little shooter...only real drawback is although there is a rail for an optic, you can't put it back in it's storage without taking the optic and the rail off...I just bought a 10/22 take down and ordered the factory suppressed barrel for it...next year the squirrels are doomed....

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

survival-condom.jpg

Ok enough fun, I need to get one of these. I have only been putting it off 3 or 4 years. I have every other survival rifle made!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    If you ever find yourself in a situation where you need a floating gun, you’ve really gotten yourself in a pickle.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Here is a great deal on Gunbroker for $189.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/747602849

Yeah, but by the time you add the $30 shipping fee, then the $25-$45 for going through an FFL, you're better off buying it from Dick's for $249.

I got three bonafide Henry magazines on eBay for $18 delivered. I bought three extra and I'm going to get another AR-7. Dick's had two of them in Wheaton and by the time I got there, both were gone. Maybe I'm doing too good a job selling them here.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    If I can, I'd rather buy from an IP here then Dicks. I'll keep my eye out.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I think it was also used in Goldfinger, but the sister of the girl killed with the gold paint.

The clip shows her shooting it, but cuts just before James Bond opens the case with it.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Why would anyone that had one of these things ever sell it? I have both the AR-7 and the Ruger Break-Apart 10/22 and they're not mutually exclusive. The Henry AR-7 has dual apertures, which the previous models lacked. The Henry AR-7 also carries three magazines and, as others have pointed out, you can stick other .22 rounds in those little slots. If you have a Ruger and want to know where you can stick them, send me a personal message and I'll tell you!

Seriously, when one adds the extra storage, the scope rail on top and the better quality, why wouldn't anyone not want one of these things? I may even get another one if I can find one. You don't need an HQL to get it.

But at Dick's they still walk you to the door.

Have you shot it yet?

I know they have a rep for being a bit of a jam-o-matic. If they've fixed that and I can get the barrel threaded, I might be interested.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I haven't shot mine yet, but the Henry rifles have a solid reputation. The Charter Arms and Armalite versions, not so much. The old Charter Arms magazines also don't fit as the earlier guns were backward-designed by Henry. That's why the Henry rifles looked the same, but worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom