• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Thanks, I’ll go with a regular service grade.

I got an IHC with LMR barrel from them a few years ago that I am thrilled with. Prolly won’t get that lucky again

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Thanks, I’ll go with a regular service grade.

I got an IHC with LMR barrel from them a few years ago that I am thrilled with. Prolly won’t get that lucky again

That entire release left a sour taste in my mouth.

My brother and I submitted orders. Mine shows up as described above. IHC receiver and gas system, SA everything else, CMP Wood. His shows up, everything IHC (including stock) except for LMR barrel and an SA trigger group. He buys an IHC trigger group on eBay for $100 = Complete, correct IHC with LMR barrel for $1,100.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I ponied up for an IHC to accompany my one Springfield, one Winchester & one H&R
    At least I know if there's any mechanical issues, CMP has my back.
    That's of course if they're not sold out by the time my order form arrives via snail mail. :D

Jul 1, 2012
    New P38 Book

For those that love a good reference book, the English edition of the much-anticipated "definitive" book on P.38's is now available for pre-order:
    https://www.simpsonltd.com/products/k1701

sure, at $100 it isn't cheap, but it's like the 22LR trainer book Simpson also just published - YUGE!

Considering the Buxton 3 volume set on P38's will run you $350-500 (and is outdated, B&W only, fuzzy pics), not a bad deal.

Roughly 200 were made available at this time, I'm sure they printed more but unaware of how many total.

Short of spending a lot of time doing your own research, this is a great investment for the potential P.38 buyer/collector.
    One f-up due to lack of knowledge can cost you many times the price !
    (speaking from experience)

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Classic sent me an email. I know this is a mistake. As, I know the 70 isn’t c&r, but I the 50 is.
    They have the CZ50’s for $219.

Attachments

• 9BAA5882-53D0-4F68-B4D0-A2FEA4C4EE1D.jpg
      9BAA5882-53D0-4F68-B4D0-A2FEA4C4EE1D.jpg
      43.7 KB · Views: 524

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    CAI sent around a flyer today.

They have Galil parts kits, CETME parts kits, FEG AP-MBPs with cracked grips, straight FEG APs in fair to very good condition and CZ 50s in fair to excellent condition. Wondering what the AP-MBPs are running. Can't access Century from work.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say Abulg1972 was loosely referring to the influx of newly imported milsurp rifles. The entire universe of M1 Garands is about 5.5 million guns.

FWIW, I ordered one of the $730 Service Grade rifles and asked for a nice shooter.

But apparently SK does still have some in the low tens of thousands that the Army under a conservative President may actual pursue the repatriation of the guns finally. Also from what I was reading a few weeks ago SK also has 600,000 M1 carbines that are US Gov’t property

I have a carbine already, but if six huna thousand came back state side that would be amazing. I’d definitely try to get another one.

I should have my S in order in a few weeks and submit my CMP order form for a SG Garand for my first (finally!). Mailing my M-1 collectors club membership in tomorrow and just have to wait on getting that back and my paperwork notarized.

Mailing my C&R paperwork tomorrow also after sitting on it and thinking it over for about the last 6 months.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Classic has some German K98 Mausers for 1300 , better get em before they sell out lol

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Classic has some German K98 Mausers for 1300 , better get em before they sell out lol

Can't believe my very nice K98 would be worth anywhere near that. Classic used to be my go to place for milsurps. but with their sky high pricing, haven't bought from them in years except for a Beretta 85F ($399) that I was very happy with.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Straight from Brutus’ mouth...

To my trained eye, they appear to be professionally refurbished and I would say that is the case because you simply never see these rifles in this kind of condition otherwise. Also, although all of the bores appear serviceable the inside of the rifles reflects a degree of wear that is not evident on the outside. That is not a criticism of the bore condition (although bores are what they are and we do not warranty for bore condition) but it is simply saying that some of the bores show evidence of use such as a truly used battle rifle would, while the external condition of the rifles do not. Also the stocks appear to be refurbished due to the lack of dents and dings, and certainly the white in the markings are not 100% original because on non-refurbs that is typically worn off long ago. Don't let any of that discourage you, however, these rifles are truly functional pieces of beauty.”

Sound like grossly overpriced dicked with Russian Captures to me

Jul 1, 2012
    "certainly the white in the markings are not 100% original because on non-refurbs that is typically worn off long ago."
    Did Mauser EVER paint markings on K98's? I know they sure didn't on P.38's, HSC's, etc...
    And they definitely wouldn't have painted the Waffenamts as they appear to be in the one lousy pic.

But I guess somebody ponied up, from an entertaining thread on GunBoards on these:
    "By my math they sold all of them in 24 minutes. I got the email at 9:16 PST, they were sold out 12:40 EST."

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    P.T. Barnum -> Classic Firearms "I'm proud of you son!"

Not only is there a sucker born every minute but many of them carry cash..

I'll admit I've made purchases from them but not like what they have been getting away with lately. But you know what? Its free enterprise.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Did Mauser EVER paint markings on K98's? I know they sure didn't on P.38's, HSC's, etc...
    And they definitely wouldn't have painted the Waffenamts as they appear to be in the one lousy pic.
    "

Ha! Not that I’ve ever heard. Could you imagine, the Russians are marching their way across Eastern Europe and the Germans are too busy putting white paint on the markings of their rifles!

Almost as bad as that Gunbroker seller that was claiming the white/brown coloring on the markings of his refurb 91/30 were remnants of poison that the soldier would lick off to commit suicide instead of being captured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom