• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Not thug enough. I shoot my nines upside down. I need a sight on the mag base plate.

Ordered a set of used stock G17 sights for $10. Can’t make up my mind so going cheap and stock and I’ll figure out exactly what height I need/want later as well as style.

I also ordered a slide completion kit from optics planet and then noticed a week later they are saying 9-20 days (still) till it ships.

Nope. Cancelled it and ordered from Aim Surplus instead. So it’ll be another week before I can finish the build. Slide and guide rod and spring fit well. Waiting to do the lower assembly for when the slide parts show to do all of the fitment together.

Not trying to make you feel bad but you can buy stock sights from Glock new for $6 for the set. They sell their standard length stock barrels for $125 too.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Not trying to make you feel bad but you can buy stock sights from Glock new for $6 for the set. They sell their standard length stock barrels for $125 too.

Cheapest I could find in stock for a set was $15 anywhere. For the barrel, I went Swenson to go with the Swenson slide I got. I figured a slightly better chance of perfect fitment without having to polish/hone/file to get them fitting correctly.

Slide was $158 on sale and the Barrel $84 on sale.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Cheapest I could find in stock for a set was $15 anywhere. For the barrel, I went Swenson to go with the Swenson slide I got. I figured a slightly better chance of perfect fitment without having to polish/hone/file to get them fitting correctly.

Slide was $158 on sale and the Barrel $84 on sale.
    Perhaps, but a buddy recently built a G17 with a Swenson slide and barrel from Midway... the barrel would not drop into the slide without slide fitting. It may have been a quirk, but there was clearly a spot where they interfered. A little honing there cured it and it runs great now. ;)

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Very perhaps. Midway looks like about 1 in 5 commenters have fitment issues and need just a little honing. Most seem to indicate fitment is great.

But if they aren’t fitting, no clue if it is the barrel or the slide or the combo.

But for the price...

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Very perhaps. Midway looks like about 1 in 5 commenters have fitment issues and need just a little honing. Most seem to indicate fitment is great.

But if they aren’t fitting, no clue if it is the barrel or the slide or the combo.

But for the price...
    In his case, we determined it was the slide. I had my build (G17) and we swapped things around and carefully measured and inspected til we found the interference. It only took a few minutes to fix it, but we did have to file, hone and redress the spot. It may have been a quirk and it wasn't hard to correct.. it ran flawlessly once we finished it. :thumbsup:

Adenosine

Sep 20, 2016
    What is your opinions of the glock brand night sights. $79/set installed.

They're better than the stock sights and they even glow in the dark!

Seriously, they're not bad, but I don't like them anywhere near as much for competition shooting as I do the fiber.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    They're better than the stock sights and they even glow in the dark!

Seriously, they're not bad, but I don't like them anywhere near as much for competition shooting as I do the fiber.

I like fiber too. I just put some TruGlo Fiber/Tritium sights on my G20. They are great for daytime and nighttime shooting!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I like fiber too. I just put some TruGlo Fiber/Tritium sights on my G20. They are great for daytime and nighttime shooting!
    I put some TFX Pros on my G17, but found they interfered with my SBR chassis, so had to ditch them. Too bad, they're excellent sights. I'll probably use them for a G19 22lr slide whenever I bother to get one.

Instead, I wound up with Triji night sights, which do the job fine. I simply cannot use the stock plastic sights, as the way the dot doesn't really become fully visible through the notch drives me insane. If I were going to go bare minimum requirement, I could probably live with just swapping out the rear sight for an adjustable one. Not as good as going to steel, but I am unconvinced that the plastic sights break as often as claimed under normal usage.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I went ith the glock night sights. Better than standard, no? On my g27 i have had tru glo for 20 + years, and chnaged the color several years ago. But i wanted metal. And wanted someone else to put them on. Gunsmiths are rare in balto and if they pass the bill requiring guns sold in balto to mark their shells, there will be none. Has anyone noticed out hobby is under state attack? Geez, if our good governor doesn’t help us with lobbying and vetos, we might as well vote for a dem.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I went ith the glock night sights. Better than standard, no? On my g27 i have had tru glo for 20 + years, and chnaged the color several years ago. But i wanted metal. And wanted someone else to put them on. Gunsmiths are rare in balto and if they pass the bill requiring guns sold in balto to mark their shells, there will be none. Has anyone noticed out hobby is under state attack? Geez, if our good governor doesn’t help us with lobbying and vetos, we might as well vote for a dem.

Well, dont look for any help from the Gov. He's said as much himself in the last week.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    No idea. Hopefully none. I see no way a shop would/could comply with the proposed law.

The law, if passed, would criminalize the possession of mags holding 11 or more. No grandfathering those possessed when the law enacted. Jail and fines. You have a fire, they find mags. Cop searchs your car, they find mags. You foolishly go to the range, they find mags. Jail and fines. Do they think this will keep people safer? In an election yr, you are prob right he will not step in. He will gauge the votes. Some thousands lost by 2A folks, more thousands won from the anti 2A crowd.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    The law, if passed, would criminalize the possession of mags holding 11 or more. No grandfathering those possessed when the law enacted. Jail and fines. You have a fire, they find mags. Cop searchs your car, they find mags. You foolishly go to the range, they find mags. Jail and fines. Do they think this will keep people safer? In an election yr, you are prob right he will not step in. He will gauge the votes. Some thousands lost by 2A folks, more thousands won from the anti 2A crowd.

Oh that. I was thinking the case stamping thing. The mag thing is standard city stupid. Make every legal gun owner a felon. But, more over ,they will burn you down. Not the real criminals.

Ap1026

Jul 25, 2017
    ^What he said, I have the Trijicon sights on my 17 and I love the big front sight. For me at least the acquisition is very quick and its super bright haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom