• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    I have seen coyotes eat kills that I know they didn't kill (because I was the one that shot the hog and left it there). I use calls and they are hard to hunt but I have had good luck. just need wind, the place, and the right tools....owe and a lot of patience. I help a few farmers out and I run suppressors so I dont upset their livestock. Poultry farms take the hardest hits. Often I text the owners the next day and I get "oh I didn't think you made it out". Last stand I made last week I shot a fox out of a farmers backyard (it was a clear and safe shot)....I love suppressors

I thought so. I assumed they would eat gut piles and dead stuff in the woods. They are dogs.

Ponch

Feb 7, 2018
    Odenton
    back home we all hunt off hogs we shot the day before all the time. Also one thing I have found is about Jan/Feb coyotes start really following around herds of deer.

LegacyManor

Mar 29, 2014
    Fairplay, MD
    There is a guy outside of Sharpsburg who sells and raises Donkeys. His name is Art, and I can get you his full name and phone if you want. My friend's son in Sharpsburg bought several Donkleys for his farm in WV from Art (wish I could remember his last name). Art has a place right off the Sharpsburg Pike.

I know him.....thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Legacy,

My buddy is a predator hunter from Clear Spring. He would love the chance to kill Coyotes for you. I'll PM you his info. Plus I'd love to see more of them killed as we've been seeing them in the yard.

I looked you up on Google and think I live right down the street from you. Our whole group and supply you with recommendations from local and Mennonite farmers.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    My parents neighbors in WV have donkeys because of the yotes. Apparently they are effective against them. They will stomp the crap out of them. Another note i did not know coyotes will not eat meat they dont kill? I thought they would eat dead stuff but i guess not. That makes it tricky for hunting them. Its not like you can bait for them.
    The sheep farm behind the cattle farm I live on in WV has a "guard donkey" in fact. We know there are coyotes on the back part of the farm but so far they have not killed anything we did not want dead anyway like rats. Several places around us have chickens and no coyotes so far, and the Mennonites who bought the farm around the corner from us last year raise just about everything but cattle, including sheep, goats, chickens, turkeys, and geese. They do have a couple of nice sheep dogs.

LegacyManor

Mar 29, 2014
    Fairplay, MD
    Have you called the DNR about this issue? I know when I had issues with bears they claimed they would reimburse me for any livestock I lost.

Yes I’ve talked with them. No reimbursement offered

I’ve lost over 30 newborn goat kids my last kidding season in Dec and DNR says it’s coyotes and not fox taking them - even tho I see a lot of fox and only a couple coyotes

I just want the predators GONE!!!! Got a couple local guys helping me clear them out

ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    Yes I’ve talked with them. No reimbursement offered

I’ve lost over 30 newborn goat kids my last kidding season in Dec and DNR says it’s coyotes and not fox taking them - even tho I see a lot of fox and only a couple coyotes

I just want the predators GONE!!!! Got a couple local guys helping me clear them out

I think the Donkey idea is a valid one. I would look into that. Also, Maybe a Great Pyrenese or two

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    She has 3 Great Pyrenese and 1 walks around with the animals but he's a lovable sort. He would smack me with his muzzle if I stopped rubbing him. My neighbor had one of those Bethlehem Burros and I wouldn't trust my dogs near one. My 100# former lab was intimidated by them and the burro showed aggression toward him. Her dogs have free rein of the farm and I wouldn't suggest the two together. I always thought those dogs would be tough and intimidating but all three are like gentle giants.

We are working on the problem for her and DNR has said we can take them out of season as long as they are causing problem as her stock is her livelihood. But only on her place and not the neighboring farms. We will probably try again tonight. I'm interested to get ride of these Coyotes myself. I had one run through the yard 20 yards from the house and I went after him bare handed and yelling. He just looked at me like I was a nuisance and kept on his way. Don't seem to show fear at all and didn't speed or slow his gate.

LegacyManor

Mar 29, 2014
    Fairplay, MD
    I think the Donkey idea is a valid one. I would look into that. Also, Maybe a Great Pyrenese or two

I know absolutely nothing about donkeys so I’m hesitant to get one. And no way to keep a donkey with goats exclusively as all stock share same areas

I had 5 Pyrs, now only 4 as of last winter. They are doing the best they can. The fox out number them greatly. They can only keep chasing them off as they can’t catch them

enya60h

Dec 10, 2011
    night vision and rs64 filr with suppressors *would take of the problem just need time to sight them in *if you dont get anyone to help let me know will see what i can do

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom