• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R81

Jun 30, 2006
    Free Whirlpool Stove

Whirlpool stove. Front left burner doesn't work, but everything else is in good working order. Free. Pick up is in Towson.

25729942168_8f5834de23_z.jpg

Last edited:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    If the oven works, I'll take it. Going to try to do some powder coating here soon, and my wife will murder me if I use her oven.

Only problem is that I will not be able to get up to Towson until early next week. Need to fix a stuck caliper on my truck. Just ordered the parts from Amazon and they arrive on Sunday.

PM me if it is still available and pick up early next week or next weekend will work.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    If the oven works, I'll take it. Going to try to do some powder coating here soon, and my wife will murder me if I use her oven.

Only problem is that I will not be able to get up to Towson until early next week. Need to fix a stuck caliper on my truck. Just ordered the parts from Amazon and they arrive on Sunday.

PM me if it is still available and pick up early next week or next weekend will work.

Fabs, that will work great for powder coating. That is exactly what I thought, when I saw the OP. :party29:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Love when a plan comes together

I wish everything went as smoothly as getting the stove this morning. Took my right rear caliper off my truck. One piston came out pretty easy, but it is cracked from all the heat. The other piston is going to require some serious hydraulic pressure to get it out. Compressed air is not getting the job done. So, time to buy a new caliper. This plan might come together by the end of the week and I might have my truck back. lol Best laid plans of mice and men.

Stove looks great in the basement though.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Just to be sure, you're not planning on actually doing the powdercoating in the basement, right? I would assume not, but just making sure.

I will be spraying outside. That stuff makes a mess all over the place, but according to Eastwood it is environmentally friendly. So, outside it is.

Plan is to build a cabinet out of plywood that will hold the racks to the oven in it. I will hang the parts from those oven racks and put the racks inside this plywood box. Then, I will spray the parts. Once covered, I will take the oven rack, with the part hanging on it, from the plywood box, carry it inside the basement, slide the rack with parts hanging on it into the oven, and bake at 400 degrees until nice and done. Going to use my infrared heat gun to measure the part temp. The part needs to be 400 degrees for 10 to 20 minutes for that stuff to set up nice. This might be a project for the new house. Still need to get the media blaster and powder coating gun. Was going to powder coat the calipers on my truck after tax season, but the one caliper crapping out on me has jacked up all those plans. Trying to buy/build a new house is screwing up my plans too. I need to cut back on the plans to reduce stress.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    No, I meant I hope you'll be doing the baking outside. The baking process in the oven gives off a lot of fumes

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    No, I meant I hope you'll be doing the baking outside. The baking process in the oven gives off a lot of fumes

Basement room that the stove is in is underneath the garage. The doors to this area open to the outside air. Cement ceiling and brick and block all the way around this room, with the exception of the doors and the window. I should be alright. I've run the snow blower and generator in this room without any exhaust fumes getting into the actual house. Worst case scenario, I get a really long 220 extension cord or run the stove off the 220 plug on the generator.

R81

Jun 30, 2006
    Glad you're pleased, fabsroman.
    Happy to have my kitchen back to normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom