• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Woodstock, I've known you for a few years now, and have always been respectful, but I wish that you would just post what you are going to post versus cryptic messages leading up to the big reveal.

And I'm really curious as to how MSI is getting brought into this thread???

should we continue in this hijacked thread, or should i start anew?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    all-in.jpg

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    "Hijacked tread"?

should we continue in this hijacked thread, or should i start anew?

Woodstock:
    The original post was by ASTC, a training school, about training located at MSAR.
    Having attended the classes, at MSAR, I made a comment about ASTC (Mo was great) and about my experience/observations at MSAR (I was repeatedly swept by a pair of guys with their ARs out in the waiting area).

This was directly related to the original post. I cannot see how it could be considered 'hijacking' the thread.

Clearly, for some reason, you took offense, and repeatedly posted comments beating around the bush. As others have said, why not just say what you want to say, instead of this sloooowww tease? Spit it out, man. Or swallow it. One or the other, please.

If there is some good reason, and I am in the wrong, I will gladly admit it, and perhaps, even apologize (doubtful, as I almost never do, but there is a chance). I just don't think I bullied anyone or hijacked this thread.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Woodstock:
    The original post was by ASTC, a training school, about training located at MSAR.
    Having attended the classes, at MSAR, I made a comment about ASTC (Mo was great) and about my experience/observations at MSAR (I was repeatedly swept by a pair of guys with their ARs out in the waiting area).

This was directly related to the original post. I cannot see how it could be considered 'hijacking' the thread.

Clearly, for some reason, you took offense, and repeatedly posted comments beating around the bush. As others have said, why not just say what you want to say, instead of this sloooowww tease? Spit it out, man. Or swallow it. One or the other, please.

If there is some good reason, and I am in the wrong, I will gladly admit it, and perhaps, even apologize (doubtful, as I almost never do, but there is a chance). I just don't think I bullied anyone or hijacked this thread.

sorry, this had nothing to do with you. i am the thread hi-jacker. i apologize if my post was misinterpreted.

I am happy to see like minded folks getting the training so desperately needed. AND I AM SORRY for the folks who had to feel unsafe due to other individuals ignorance or negligence, while handling their guns. the "sloooowww tease" has a purpose, which i will explain when i post. stay safe :beer:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Always let the mark come to. I'm beginning to wonder if the Woodstock isn't an Irish traveler?

Woody

Oct 27, 2017
    I am happy to see like minded folks getting the training so desperately needed. AND I AM SORRY for the folks who had to feel unsafe due to other individuals ignorance or negligence

Do you always go around apologizing for other people? Do you wring your hands in worry while trying to find 'the answer?'

Must be exhausting... So much to apologize for...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    They may want you to start the app process over and your current license may help, just maybe.

I'm taking the class this weekend, did not know pistols needed to be locked in a case to transport to the range today.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    OK , Mr Shots Fired post #3o, I'll preliminarily bite , before we directe you to the various threads on applying for Md Permits.

Excuse us if the questions seem forwards or overly personal , but the question you asked inherently focouses on such things.

What is the nature of the work , for which you currently have W&C Permit ?

What is the nature of your proposed Good & Substantial reason for additional carrying?

Does the first cause the necessity of the second ? Or is your wish for additional carry unrelated. ?

Feb 23, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    I work armed security, my reason for wanting additional carry is so I am also able to carry off duty if I so choose to keep myself safe should I need a weapon to defend myself.

Don’t mind at all people asking me what I do, I love my career, always looking to get more practice at the range, or training classes to improve my skills.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Alas, SF/SH, "being able to defend myself" is NOT considered, in and of itself, a good and substantial basis for a W&C in Maryland. You'd need to explain what it is you're doing (beyond existing as a human in a sometimes dangerous world) with your off-the-day-job time that makes you worthy by current MD standards. It's absurd, but there it is. There's lots of good reading on the subject: you need to paint a pretty solid picture as a working-round-the-clock business owner, etc. Otherwise, such a permit, at most, would support your on the clock carrying, which you already do.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Or perhaps documented threats arising from your employment and interactions with malfactors during your professional duties to do harm to you off the clock .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom