• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Found these yesterday picked them up today for cheap.

Gerber Guardian 1 with the shoulder rig .
    M4 bayonet by Utica
    Al Mar Fairbain/Sykes
    SOG Trident

Attachments

• IMG_20180217_142716515.jpg
      IMG_20180217_142716515.jpg
      89.8 KB · Views: 706

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Picked these up from a guy off there a few weeks ago too .A few MK1s , MK2s ,M3s and Pal 36s . He also threw in a few Silvey and Cole books plus the display case.

Attachments

• IMG_20180207_171704576.jpg
      IMG_20180207_171704576.jpg
      64.5 KB · Views: 661
    May 13, 2005
    Did the person selling realize what they had and just wanted quick money or did they not realize they could have gotten a lot more? Not saying you screwed anyone over, I just hate seeing people, especially old folks that could use the money sell stuff for next to nothing when they could have gotten a lot more. My old neighbor sold her husband's WWII stuff when he died and got pennies on the dollar for it. I looked a the pics of what she sold and told her it was probably about 6K worth of stuff - she said she sold it all for $50. What a shame.

Very nice knives in the pics though, good add to your collection - or are you reselling them?

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Good score. Keep your eyes peeled for a 1980’s vintage Gerber mkII with the camo handle and sheath. Wanted one when I was a kid and settled for an M7S survival knife. You have better luck scrounging knives than I do.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Did the person selling realize what they had and just wanted quick money or did they not realize they could have gotten a lot more? Not saying you screwed anyone over, I just hate seeing people, especially old folks that could use the money sell stuff for next to nothing when they could have gotten a lot more. My old neighbor sold her husband's WWII stuff when he died and got pennies on the dollar for it. I looked a the pics of what she sold and told her it was probably about 6K worth of stuff - she said she sold it all for $50. What a shame.

Very nice knives in the pics though, good add to your collection - or are you reselling them?

Typically it's people selling grandpop's , dad's or uncle's stuff and have no appreciation for it and just want fast cash. Older people that bought the stuff years ago cheap I will let them know what the stuff is going for these days and let them give me a asking price , I don't to the "make me a offer".

No I do not resell them I collect them , I think I like sharp pointy things more than firearms lol .

This is about half of the collection .

Attachments

• knives.jpg
      knives.jpg
      90.7 KB · Views: 227

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Good score. Keep your eyes peeled for a 1980’s vintage Gerber mkII with the camo handle and sheath. Wanted one when I was a kid and settled for an M7S survival knife. You have better luck scrounging knives than I do.

Will do , and if you want to let go of that M7S let me know lol .

May 13, 2005
    Typically it's people selling grandpop's , dad's or uncle's stuff and have no appreciation for it and just want fast cash. Older people that bought the stuff years ago cheap I will let them know what the stuff is going for these days and let them give me a asking price , I don't to the "make me a offer".

No I do not resell them I collect them , I think I like sharp pointy things more than firearms lol .

This is about half of the collection .

That's a really really nice collection!!! Jealous :) Yeah, I'm the same way, if someone doesn't know what they have, I'll make sure they don't get screwed out of what they could get for it. Unless they are a total prick Lol

I have about that same number of edged things, but they are all just sitting in a big plastic bin, most of what I have I'm not even sure what they are. A lot of old bayonets, various knives and some machetes, just stuff accumulated over the years and never really researched or found out what they are... Some day lol..

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    That's a really really nice collection!!! Jealous :) Yeah, I'm the same way, if someone doesn't know what they have, I'll make sure they don't get screwed out of what they could get for it. Unless they are a total prick Lol

I have about that same number of edged things, but they are all just sitting in a big plastic bin, most of what I have I'm not even sure what they are. A lot of old bayonets, various knives and some machetes, just stuff accumulated over the years and never really researched or found out what they are... Some day lol..

I have four totes full and a few boxes full of folders , mostly all WWII . I need to make some display cases for them, I have a few ideas in mind i just need to find the time .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom