My sons third deer, 2nd buck. Youth hunt day
    ebe91c516574aee5bacecdd542e2b28e.jpg

Super happy kid. Very proud dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Wow awesome memoires Jefflac.... that put a smile on my face this morning. Congrats to both of you!

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Thanks everyone. He thinks this hunting thing is easy. Time from sitting down in the stand to harvest. 1st buck, 10 minutes. 1st doe, 30 minutes, 2nd buck, 15 minutes

We went turkey hunting this spring and worked on birds for 3 days straight and didn't get one. He said he liked deer hunting better. I told him, turkey hunting challenges your patience, it's good for you to have to work for it, since deer hunting is so easy. Kids these days.

We will see how opening day of rifle goes. We are headed up to a family property to hunt some "big bucks". I told him he's gotta wait for a nice wall hanger. There a 3-4 monster bucks in there. My brother in law got the gigantic 11 point in archery season, but there is a 10 point that is just as big and has a beautiful rack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    He thinks this hunting thing is easy. Time from sitting down in the stand to harvest. 1st buck, 10 minutes. 1st doe, 30 minutes, 2nd buck, 15 minutes

He'll learn :). I killed a 168" deer my 2nd year of hunting...haven't been able to come close since :o

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Jefflac

i hope you dont live in maryland because you possibly just posted illegal hunting activity.

Youth hunt 2016, doe season 2016, youth hunt 2017. How is that illegal.. You assumed I meant he shot those on youth day?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Youth hunt 2016, doe season 2016, youth hunt 2017. How is that illegal.. You assumed I meant he shot those on youth day?

I think it was the 1st, second, third thing. He didnt realize it was different years. some places was 1 buck then 2 does before getting a second buck.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    I can see how that could be interpreted that way. I guess there would be people dumb enough to post illegal hunting. I am a law abiding hunter and I am teaching my son that as well. No need to worry about illegal hunting from this clan.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    For proof of that statement check out Maryland Bow Hunters on facebook.....its like a DNR dream.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    For proof of that statement check out Maryland Bow Hunters on facebook.....its like a DNR dream.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Heehee. The law always looking for an excuse to catch someone tripping up. I get it.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Watched the big buck in a field today while standing with gun and a doe only crop damage permit. Thankfully his gf and kid walked out and made a donation to the freezer. First deers of the season and didn’t get any last season so I’m happy with a double header start

Attachments

• E18DC9DC-78CB-4990-8B92-4135E1002D87.jpg
      E18DC9DC-78CB-4990-8B92-4135E1002D87.jpg
      76.3 KB · Views: 189
    • 989E6C8A-B863-48C4-98C1-CC75D2D4C095.jpg
      989E6C8A-B863-48C4-98C1-CC75D2D4C095.jpg
      185.2 KB · Views: 189

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Instead of bow hunting tonight my son wanted to go after squirrels. No sooner do we get in the stand and he loads his .22 when here comes a 6pt meandering on through the clearing in front of us and we have no bow. The evening wasn't a total loss though, that buck was barely out of sight when he shot his 1st squirrel.
    And my fone is screwed up. I took a pic of him holding 5 squirrels and sent to his Mom but I cant take it from the message app and post it here.
    I never knew they were so hard to skin. They're soaking in brine and I'll be looking up recipies.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Instead of bow hunting tonight my son wanted to go after squirrels. No sooner do we get in the stand and he loads his .22 when here comes a 6pt meandering on through the clearing in front of us and we have no bow. The evening wasn't a total loss though, that buck was barely out of sight when he shot his 1st squirrel.
    And my fone is screwed up. I took a pic of him holding 5 squirrels and sent to his Mom but I cant take it from the message app and post it here.
    I never knew they were so hard to skin. They're soaking in brine and I'll be looking up recipies.

Just a tip, brine will toughen them. Soak in butter milk. The acidity will help tenderize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom