• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Well, my wife still doesn't have her first gun.

Waiting patiently, she recently said that if Important People that are working behind the scenes to get this fixed - Can't come through - she said she'd offer to lick O'Malley boots.

We plan to YouTube the video to show all the good people how they should treat their elected officials.

Alas

In other news, a Mom was killed in Upstate NY and the daughter Raped by a Pedophile.

And the kicker - the Onion reported that Cuomo yells - at the News of the Murder - "You still don't need 10 Bullets to Kill a deer!!!"

Press Secretary: "Drew, Drew, Drew, calm down, calm down, this could be bad for PR."

Infantry

Feb 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    I picked up a few of mine last week. The wait was almost 5 weeks. I find it hard to believe that they can extend this out to 100 days unless it is under orders from the Gov. Meanwhile, I dropped by a Delaware gun shop today and a guy bought a Nano. Here is how it went.

Guy"I'll take it.

Clerk, "Okay, fill out this form and give me 2 types of ID."

Guy, "Thanks, no problem."

Clerk - He Calls Delaware or Feds or whomever they call.
    "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, okay thanks for the approval."

Clerk, " You're good, here is your total."

Guy , " I'll pay by CC."

The clerk rings him up and hands him his Nano.

Adios.

Meanwhile, I am over in the corner thinking this must be what it was like to be a Spy from the Soviet Bloc coming over to the West to see what freedom can do for you.

I'm leaving Maryland after this stuff shakes out.

There is no honest reason to explain why this takes weeks when Delaware can have you out the door in 10 minutes.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    I picked up a few of mine last week. The wait was almost 5 weeks. I find it hard to believe that they can extend this out to 100 days unless it is under orders from the Gov. Meanwhile, I dropped by a Delaware gun shop today and a guy bought a Nano. Here is how it went.

Guy"I'll take it.

Clerk, "Okay, fill out this form and give me 2 types of ID."

Guy, "Thanks, no problem."

Clerk - He Calls Delaware or Feds or whomever they call.
    "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, okay thanks for the approval."

Clerk, " You're good, here is your total."

Guy , " I'll pay by CC."

The clerk rings him up and hands him his Nano.

Adios.

Meanwhile, I am over in the corner thinking this must be what it was like to be a Spy from the Soviet Bloc coming over to the West to see what freedom can do for you.

I'm leaving Maryland after this stuff shakes out.

There is no honest reason to explain why this takes weeks when Delaware can have you out the door in 10 minutes.

I working on leaving too, headed back to Texas. I can't see how Maryland Shooters can be Democrat.

I guess we need "everyone".

But they hire the ideologues that cause us so much work and angst?

Can someone try to explain.

I guess the 2nd amendment isn't that important to them. I guess "helping the poor" trumps all, or is it cleaning the bay? Or "I'm socially liberal, not religious"

Like D'Souza said, "When Obama puts a gun to your head, and makes you pay for Obamacare, for the poor, or for Food Stamps, then that's compulsion. That's not you freely giving. The People can't be grateful, they can only feel entitled."

Shut the barn door - all the freaking animals have run out.

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    Tax time.
    Tax time refunds + panic buying = way more sales than normal.
    This can't last for too much longer.
    Refund money will run out, credit cards will be maxed out by $60 a brick .22 LR and $3000 AR's, furloughs will take effect and a bunch of people will be back to living paycheck to paycheck again.
    Plus Summer time is approaching....and it will be really hard to convince the old lady that a $3000 rifle is more important than the cruise she was promised a year ago, for a lot of guys.

Sure it can: refinance in January, one AR per month out to October.

Then, you can't sell or transfer 'em - and, after a democrat adds an amendment that you can't even transport 'em, all you can do is take them out of the safes you bought to store 'em in and look at 'em.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    This post below from the MSP Background thread refers to someone at MSP predicting background checks running 100 days by next month. Can anyone else confirm this statement ?

chappy444

just got off the phone with my FFL...filed 2/12 and was told at that time that it would be about 30 days. today is about 30 days so i called to see what he knew. he told be that it would probably be closer to 45 days or more (two more weeks) he said he is just now getting 2/1 stuff back. he also mentioned that the MSP told him that by april it will probably be over 100 days...

Was he right or what?

*** 9MM works better than 911 ***

Glock30Eric

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2013
    Was he right or what?

*** 9MM works better than 911 ***[/QUOTE]

Well... you might have to use 9MM for nine hundred and elven times to take that bad guy down. Let me make a suggestion for you: use .45 ACP because it only need one shot to take him down. :party29:

lol here we go with the 9MM vs .45 ACP DEBATE!!! MUAHAHAHAH!

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    The spot Fox news showed last week had the number of applications since Dec.
    19,000 in dec, decreasing steadily to about 12,000 in May and slowing. It matters not what day you went in, but how many apps were put in that day, or week, or waiting period since you filed. If you go chronologically.
    So, the time to receive SHOULD start decreasing............

Elynchjr23

Jan 7, 2013
    Just picked my lower up from march 14th today, 92 days. I think we are well beyond 100 days at this point with anything bought during April and on

Peartree

May 25, 2013
    Mt Airy
    April 11th and still waiting...hopefully not too much longer! Wonder if I'll get the AR and Beretta that went in on May 12th before Oct 1st?

Cliff P

Mar 22, 2013
    Bel Air
    April 30th purchase date.

Originally was an estimated 60 day wait period (didn't bother me because I'm deployed to Afghanistan, the wife purchased the sidearm for me).

Now it's an easy 100 day wait period. I won't have anything new to fire when I come home from the desert. Wonderful :(

Bagpiperer

Mar 23, 2013
    So, the time to receive SHOULD start decreasing...

MSP, via the Baltimore Sun, stated that the number of 77r submissions per month peaked at 14,238 in January. Starting in February, the number has been below 11,000 and decreasing. In the same article, MSP is quoted as saying the backlog is ~26,000, with ~57,000 forms received in 2013.

In theory, the delays should be decreasing, or at least not increasing at a constant rate. That does not appear to have been the case, and the whiff of malfeasance is ripening into a full-blown stench.

They've had a long lead time to deal with this, and somehow even New Jersey managed to keep the backlog from getting much beyond a few weeks. I'm not sure where all the federal grant money went, but it sure seems like it wasn't used to enter MSP's list of prohibited persons into NICS.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    MSP, via the Baltimore Sun, stated that the number of 77r submissions per month peaked at 14,238 in January. Starting in February, the number has been below 11,000 and decreasing. In the same article, MSP is quoted as saying the backlog is ~26,000, with ~57,000 forms received in 2013.

In theory, the delays should be decreasing, or at least not increasing at a constant rate. That does not appear to have been the case, and the whiff of malfeasance is ripening into a full-blown stench.

They've had a long lead time to deal with this, and somehow even New Jersey managed to keep the backlog from getting much beyond a few weeks. I'm not sure where all the federal grant money went, but it sure seems like it wasn't used to enter MSP's list of prohibited persons into NICS.

BINGO!! :banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom