• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I am having real heart burn with a real and present danger that threatens the safety of my kid at Richard Montgomery High School in Moco. Immediately after the Parkland shooting my 9th grader informed me that a student threatened to shoot up the school. Apparently, this is not the first time he has made this threat, but due to the Fl shooting the kids realized they needed to say something to me.

The student, I will refer to him as MD made this threat verbally and on his social media accounts. He has posted pictures of him holding/shooting guns at a relatives home in Chech republic. He wears clothing to school that glorifies events like Columbine and is socially awkward. I have been told there may be some level of autism, although I can't verify that is the case. I immediately called the school and local police and informed them of my concern regarding this student. I am told, MD was pulled from class that day and the school/police were involved in a "meeting" at MD's home with his parents. During a search of the student's home/possession's a "kill" list was discovered with several students names and a date of potential attack. MD had plans to go to VA or SC to purchase a rifle when he turned 18.

I have been assured by the school that they have been keeping an eye on this student and working with his parents to mitigate the risk and would be returning to class. I have been told that MD does not have access to firearms in his home. I am not entirely happy with the thought that MD will be returning to the school. This has been reinforced by the revelation that in middle school, MD in 8th grade threatened to shoot up the middle school, which was reported back then as well. As he has a record of making threats and somehow was able to continue this behavior in High school with both his parents and the school aware of his previous threats, gives me little comfort that they will do anything to prevent an actual attack.

I and several of the other parents in the school want MD gone from Richard Montgomery. I don't believe that MD belongs in this environment and should be moved to a school for troubled students. What are my options? How do I get this kid removed from the school? :mad54:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's ludicrously irresponsible for school officials to simply say they are keeping an eye on the student. They are compelled to assume he means exactly what he publicly says and writes. It's a deadly, felony-level threat and LE needs to be involved immediately.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    It's ludicrously irresponsible for school officials to simply say they are keeping an eye on the student. They are compelled to assume he means exactly what he publicly says and writes. It's a deadly, felony-level threat and LE needs to be involved immediately.

I agree, Local Rockville PD is involved. Still no arrest or expulsion.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    There was a big to do at my sons' high school today. Apparently Sunday a meme started going around social media that was a photo of a student with a caption saying he was going to shoot up the school "tomorrow". Of course the thing came out Sunday so "tomorrow" was Monday, President's Day, and the school was closed. The student in the photo was a known troublemaker who had been suspended several times, but his family moved out of state last summer. It was a joke, I get it. My wife took it seriously, as did many parents. The county school administrators sent emails and made robocalls saying they were aware of the picture threat and as far as they could tell it was a hoax, but they would provide extra security today just in case.

Fredcohunter

Nov 30, 2008
    A little west of Frederick
    Is removing him from the school going to fix it? I only ask because my understanding is that in the recent FL school shooting the individual was no longer a student. whos to say he doesn't walk back into the school 12 months from now.

I think a serious evaluation of this kid needs done by a competent mental health professional. Kinda of scary to me that there are this many warning signs and kids like this just slip through the cracks

As a parent with several children in high school and middle school I would damn sure want to know if my kid were on that list.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Ridiculous. Sounds just like the Broward County district in Florida that moved to a model of trying to keep the bad kids in school in the hope that it would make them productive members of society in the future. They did this with Florida shooter despite similar warning signs. What an awful mistake. If the MoCo school district keeps trying to bury this, the story needs to be exposed (not identifying the kid per se, but so other parents are aware).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Is removing him from the school going to fix it? I only ask because my understanding is that in the recent FL school shooting the individual was no longer a student. whos to say he doesn't walk back into the school 12 months from now.

At the same time, it's been reported that a security guard saw Cruz going into the FL school, called it in, and let Cruz continue unchallenged, supposedly carrying the large duffel bag containing the gun(s) and ammo. If true, that's criminal-level negligence.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Perhaps MD needs to be involuntary committed.

I do not say that lightly, and hopefully there is a good process in place to prevent 'SWATing' in a situation like this.

When someone tells you they are going to kill you, or they are going to shoot up a school, you should take them at their word, until you can disprove the assertion.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Yeah, I would like to see this kid committed for sure but HOW do I get this accomplished? The school, police and his parents don't seem to be inclined to move in this direction.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I think I’d call or visit the Maryland FBI field office. They’re in the hot seat right now and can’t afford to ignore it.

mikemild13

Oct 27, 2015
    Since the FBI took a hit by not following up with the FL shooter maybe it's worth giving them a call about MD. They may take quick desisive action to avoid another PR snafu.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA

Exactly! This is the precise example of prevention of a violent act. Based on the behavior relayed by the OP, this youth needs to be professionally evaluated, results put on his record, and action taken by LE. It sounds like if he's not a threat now, he may be in the future. If he is not found to be the threat as described, those accusations need to be looked into. Fred55

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Cruz has become the poster-child example. 39 police visits to his home. Multiple reports to the FBI about him saying and writing he wanted to shoot kids at the school. Seems like none of it was taken seriously until Cruz followed through on the threat. The kid the OP mentions seems to be following in the same footsteps and could end up trying to copy or one-up Cruz.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    This person?

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FBaltimoreSpectator%2Fposts%2F1876642705702497&width=500" width="500" height="727" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Shouldn't be ... Clarksburg is a ways away from Rockville.

Let's start holding their feet to the fire, let 'em (the authorities) squirm for the environment they facilitate.

-John

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom