• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    We're getting a lot of good info about different dealers having firearms and ammo in stock, and that can be really useful these days. I suggest that we post those things here, so that they'll all be in one place, and then we can just check the last messages to see what's current. (Maybe one of the admins would consider making this a sticky, so that we'll always know where to find it?)

Last edited:

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    I'll bite.

Nothing. In stock... Everywhere!!

Not necessarily. If you just got an Arisaka, for example, it's a good time to glom onto some BRASS and some RELOADING DIES. Since this ammo is getting to be harder and harder to find, I'd suggest that owners buy these, even if they don't have the rest of the gear to reload. They may want to get into reloading eventually, or they may find someone with a press who is willing to help them out. Bullets for reloading don't seem to be too hard to get.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I got 223 dies from amazon in two days.... hadn't been able to find them anywhere for the last month...

Best thing was they came with a rebate for 100 free bullets :)

And if you are looking for bullets I am selling off some of my 30 cal stash so I guess I'm in stock :)

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Having trouble understanding the AIMsurplus description. Is this ammo corrosive? Steel cased, jacketed, or both?

Assume all surplus 54r is corrosive

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Unless it says "boxer primed" you are safe to assume that all 7.62x54R is corrosive. There is a little bit of ammo in this caliber on the market from commercial manufacturers (S&B and PPU, primarily), but you'll spot that easily because it's expensive and comes in boxes of 20 rounds. If you can afford it, and can find it, it's worth the investment to have brass that you will be able to reload in the future, or sell to someone who wants to reload it.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    I found 500 round bulk packs of Russian made, steel cased, berdan primed, non corrosive on sportsmansguide for about 34 cents a shot. Not the 19 cents/shot that surplus gets you but a hell of alot cheaper then .223 or .308.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom