• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Ill pay you to do that special dance for me again, while wearing the clown suit....;)

It's like I told you before, a fist full of Georgies is not "making it rain up in here"!

You gotta do better than that...

Hoons

May 15, 2019
    If you do it yourself, make sure to mask or tape off the receiver so you dont marr or scratch it when using a punch for the roll pins.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    OP, just be careful who you take your bits and pieces to. I trust more people on this board than I would ever trust just walking cold into a local gun store and asking. There are plenty of people here on who would be willing to help and lend tools and advice.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    the lower is very easy to assemble yourself. I was skeptical at first too, but it wasn't bad.

ADCO will assemble for you. I think it's like $35 to assemble upper, $30 to assemble lower. something like that. you just have to mail all of the parts to them and they'll mail it back completed.

they're also good for gas block pinning and barrel cut/threading

https://adcofirearms.com/shop/gunsmithing/ar15-upper-assembly/

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    If you do it yourself, make sure to mask or tape off the receiver so you dont marr or scratch it when using a punch for the roll pins.

you gotta spray paint your rifle if you want to be a real 0p3r@t0r

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    I have all the stuff needed to do it, if your in the Southern MD area I can show you how and you can use the tools in my shop. With proper social distancing of course.. :innocent0

Though timing would matter, I am on call for work and seem to get called in almost every day the last few weeks.

I do the work for friends and family for $50, but if they want to do the work I dont charge. I accept tips in the form of ammo lol

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    Just don't forget the disconnector spring. I watched an assembly video 3 or 4 times and still forgot to put that in.

noddaz

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Do it yourself it’s not hard. I actually bought many of the tools so we can assist club member at the range so I don’t need to bring my tools.

1911msc

May 12, 2020
    North San Diego
    AR 15 is the modern Ken doll. It's really hard to stop building them. If you buy on the cheap like sales at PSA,their CHF CL barrels. It is good investment as well. Instead of buying an ounce of gold buy 3 carbines. Only a few tools are necessary. Get magpul CTR stock and RA 145 LE trigger.

PTM76

Oct 30, 2007
    You should try to assemble it yourself. It's a lot of fun and pretty easy.

Correct.

You may spend some money on vice blocks and a wrench, but most rails come with a proprietary barrel nut and wrench foot. All you need is a breaker bar and torque wrench. A cheapy one will do.

You WILL use them again.... and again.. and again..

It is definitely easy as long as you are slightly mechanically incline, and definitely satisfying.

Plus, if you are the manufacturer everything is an HBAR. By a metal stamp too. and "HBAR" stamp is about 60 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom