• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    Looks great. I'm sure he would have loved it.

Sorry about your brother :(

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Good even all. It’s been a while since I’ve posted on here. I just got done building what will probably be my last AR. I’ve done plenty of them at this point and I’ve shared a lot of them on here over the years.

I built this as a tribute to my brother. He passed away suddenly in October of last year. He was a member on here as well, Mdoffroad. Some of you may have known him.

I just wanted to share. Building this was something I know he would have liked, and probably would have told me to save my damn money because I spent way to much on it. Lol.

The laser engraving and Cerakote work were done by Mike at Blowndeadline.com. His work is by far the best Cerakote work that I’ve had done, and I’ve worked with a lot of people that claim to know how to do it.

I am so sorry for your loss. I actually remember your brother’s username. Well done on the build, I’m sure he is proud of your tribute.

P.S. I also wanted to mention that your builds back in the day were a huge inspiration for my builds. For that, I thank you. God bless.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    aw man

Good even all. It’s been a while since I’ve posted on here. I just got done building what will probably be my last AR. I’ve done plenty of them at this point and I’ve shared a lot of them on here over the years.

I built this as a tribute to my brother. He passed away suddenly in October of last year. He was a member on here as well, Mdoffroad. Some of you may have known him.

I just wanted to share. Building this was something I know he would have liked, and probably would have told me to save my damn money because I spent way to much on it. Lol.

The laser engraving and Cerakote work were done by Mike at Blowndeadline.com. His work is by far the best Cerakote work that I’ve had done, and I’ve worked with a lot of people that claim to know how to do it.

Truly sorry about your brother- from someone who just had one of his younger brother 5 year anniversary of his sudden death. He marked a tree at Lake Needwood. We go there every year on his birthday- May 15th and raise a toast- died Feb 17 five years ago. Still very hard. Was 34. Would have been 40. Damn I miss him. It will get easier, my friend. Beautiful tribute and Pew Pew. Nice!!

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I like that handguard

It's really nice aside from that barrel nut. Fortunately, it doesn't have to be timed so no unnecessary stress. That wedge creates a tight fit and it's not going anywhere. It's a perfect match.

Looks very nice. Sorry for your loss.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

I am very sorry for your loss.

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    Here's my two AR's before I made some modifications:

9khGhs3.jpg

Here's the top one (LE6920HBPW) as of today after a few changes. Decided to go from a a more "SOCOM Block I" style clone to a basic M4 clone.

9Omyf0Y.jpg

OrlHwdD.jpg

09M644p.jpg

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Two twin SPR inspired builds. One is for my best man and the other is for me. These are “budget minded” builds in the sense that I cut corners where I felt it didn’t matter and invested in good parts where I felt it counts.

I usually don’t colorfill either but this quarantine has me bored and doing random projects.

Optics are Bushnell Forge 2.5x - 15x50 FFP. Got for a steal on clearance with an added 30% rebate for a total of under $600 for both. Great glass so far.

Attachments

• 175C8E89-00C5-406D-9838-AC0A3358807D.jpg
      175C8E89-00C5-406D-9838-AC0A3358807D.jpg
      72.7 KB · Views: 524

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Two twin SPR inspired builds. One is for my best man and the other is for me. These are “budget minded” builds in the sense that I cut corners where I felt it didn’t matter and invested in good parts where I felt it counts.

I usually don’t colorfill either but this quarantine has me bored and doing random projects.

Optics are Bushnell Forge 2.5x - 15x50 FFP. Got for a steal on clearance with an added 30% rebate for a total of under $600 for both. Great glass so far.

You sure you don’t need another best man ?
    Nice job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2013
    Here's my two AR's before I made some modifications:

9khGhs3.jpg

Here's the top one (LE6920HBPW) as of today after a few changes. Decided to go from a a more "SOCOM Block I" style clone to a basic M4 clone.

9Omyf0Y.jpg

OrlHwdD.jpg

09M644p.jpg

Howd ya do the retro one?

I did mine out of a Vietnam War surplus kit

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    Looks great ! Just curious , what’s the blue number 15 for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howd ya do the retro one?

I did mine out of a Vietnam War surplus kit

The number 15 is a secret, but it does have a meaning. The paint itself is a depiction of the rack numbers seen on rifles or expensive attachments like PEQs. Not a super common occurrence but I’ve seen it done.

Also the retro AR was a basic lower on a bushmaster HBAR upper. The furniture was from US collectors ordinance.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Got a wild hair and built a rifle around a 24 inch stainless 1:9 twist .223 Remington barrel. I have a few shorties, thought this time I would go long.

Attachments

• 20200613_011237.jpg
      20200613_011237.jpg
      44.6 KB · Views: 615
    • 20200613_011628.jpg
      20200613_011628.jpg
      42.9 KB · Views: 595
    • 20200613_011441.jpg
      20200613_011441.jpg
      42 KB · Views: 602
    • 20200613_011548.jpg
      20200613_011548.jpg
      42.5 KB · Views: 615

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    BRN-180s project

2020-06-16.jpg

Upper;
    Brownell's BRN-180S, 10.5" barrel, 223 wylde, 1-8" twist
    Magpul mlok rail covers, type 2
    Magpul Pros
    Holosun HS512C
    Arisaka handstop
    Streamlight ProTac HL-X
    Cloud Defensive LCS

Lower;
    LGS lower (Hanover armory)
    Strike Industries LPK
    Radian Talon ambi safety
    RA-140 trigger
    Ergo Swift grip
    KNS adapter
    SB FS1913A brace
    Lancer smoke 20rd

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    2020-06-16.jpg

Upper;
    Brownell's BRN-180S, 10.5" barrel, 223 wylde, 1-8" twist
    Magpul mlok rail covers, type 2
    Magpul Pros
    Holosun HS512C
    Arisaka handstop
    Streamlight ProTac HL-X
    Cloud Defensive LCS

Lower;
    LGS lower (Hanover armory)
    Strike Industries LPK
    Radian Talon ambi safety
    RA-140 trigger
    Ergo Swift grip
    KNS adapter
    SB FS1913A brace
    Lancer smoke 20rd

Well done. That looks great.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Got a wild hair and built a rifle around a 24 inch stainless 1:9 twist .223 Remington barrel. I have a few shorties, thought this time I would go long.
    Those Remington barrels are surprisingly good shooters. I picked up a 16" pencil Remington barrel from an IP for use a on a pre-ban lower, and it's much, much better than I expected.

MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    ... Just something to play with in the woods.
    Nothing Fancy.

Attachments

• 0617201156 (2).jpg
      0617201156 (2).jpg
      29.3 KB · Views: 472
    • 0617201200.jpg
      0617201200.jpg
      39 KB · Views: 504

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members