• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    FEMA trailers have been brought in to handle the overflow of bodies, yes.

And we are a long way from this thing peaking, even further from it being over

Well, well. Th'event.

Refrigerated trailers are being utilized as temporary morgue stroage. They are not FEMA trailers.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    They aren't

They are from the City of New York.

Yeah. I really don't care. Sort of.

However, if the State Department or AMC charters civilian aircraft for citizen evacuations from a different country, like say from Cyprus and back to the US when Israel attacked Lebanon, they are still being used for their purpose.

This couldn't happen with FEMA and local refrigeration trucks in cities since those assets are already there? They have to be painted white with a FEMA decal on them to "officially FEMA"?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Who bloody cares if they're from FEMA or not?

FTR, the NY Times said they were from FEMA, but who the **** cares?

Can ANYTHING be more irrelevant ?

How can you possibly defend such quibling?

"How absolute the knave is! We must speak by the card, or very equivocation will undo us."

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Who bloody cares if they're from FEMA or not?

FTR, the NY Times said they were from FEMA, but who the **** cares?

Can ANYTHING be more irrelevant ?

How can you possibly defend such quibling?

"How absolute the knave is! We must speak by the card, or very equivocation will undo us."

COVID-19 cabin fever. That's why. :innocent0

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I saw a documentary once about the Spanish Flu of 1919. Some cities quarantined and shut down and had lower death counts.

Philadelphia said, "It's only the sniffles. Business as usual."

According to the documentary, Philadelphians were dying faster than they could be hauled away. The documentary I saw showed stacks of dead bodies on the sidewalks, waiting for transport.

They were literally stacking the bodies in the streets.

Now is someone going to quibble over whether the bodies were stacked on the sidewalk, or whether they were stacked in the streets?

The point is, they were stacking up the bodies because they couldn't keep up with them.

Now, are those trailers from FEMA, the City of New York, the Commonwealth of Kentucky, or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police?

Tell the nice therapist why you think the distinction is relevant.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Maybe one of the truckers here can identify this trailer. Federal? State? Or is it a Penske rental?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...ity-hospital-nurse-covid-19-deaths?origin=shp

sub-buzz-3705-1585495850-1.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Maybe one of the truckers here can identify this trailer. Federal? State? Or is it a Penske rental?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...ity-hospital-nurse-covid-19-deaths?origin=shp
    Thanks for the link. Very unsafe conditions to work under ...

Hospitals around the city are stretched to the limit, handling a constant influx of patients while running dangerously low on personal protective equipment like masks and gowns for doctors and nurses.

The nurse described a horrific Catch-22. “If we are covid positive, we are expected to work for as long as we are asymptomatic. However we cannot get tested unless we are symptomatic,” he said. “They don’t want to test us because, at the rates we are exposed, we are likely all sick and we don’t know it.”

“We are rationed personal protective equipment to absurdity,” the nurse said. He said they were given “one disposable mask and one disposable gown that we must sign out for, that is expected to be used for five 12-hour shifts before they will be replaced.”

The nurse described a chaotic situation at his hospital, with ever changing rules. “Everything changes from day to day at work,” he said. “They are scrambling to figure out what to do as we go.”

“A week ago we were instructed to take off our masks at work. Now we are being instructed to wear them at all times because so many of us are testing positive.”

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

sub-buzz-3705-1585495850-1.jpg

Rental probably. I would expect that FEMA has purpose built reefers with racks for stacking.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was always a reefer parked out there, even before CV19.

In a city of 9 million, a lot of people die every day. The 2015 average was 421 people a day. How big are the hospital morgues?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Rental probably. I would expect that FEMA has purpose built reefers with racks for stacking.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was always a reefer parked out there, even before CV19.

In a city of 9 million, a lot of people die every day. The 2015 average was 421 people a day. How big are the hospital morgues?

Probably not huge. Most people don’t die in hospitals, but at home and get taken to a funeral home. Most who die in a hospital likely get released to a funeral home ina. Day or two. I’d imagine it’s a lot slower going these days.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Probably not huge. Most people don’t die in hospitals, but at home and get taken to a funeral home. Most who die in a hospital likely get released to a funeral home ina. Day or two. I’d imagine it’s a lot slower going these days.

I also wonder if they are holding these bodies for "further" examination?

That's a big no-no in the Jewish and Muslim faiths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom