• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    So at $5/box, you have spent $180,000 for shotshells:)

Not that much. When I started shooting I could rerload for about $1.10 a box, but with inflation figured in yeah I guess so. DO YOU MEAN I COULD HAVE RETIRED TWO YEARS EARLY?

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    I saw you viewing the thread but you weren't chiming in and I was trying to prove a point. I'm sure there are a handful of guys on here that shoot scatterguns as much or more than Blackthorne, but that number isn't that many. I do think guys like you and Blackthorne have put more shot downrange than the collective majority here though.

Either way, I'm not arguing about shotguns with either of you. You know waaaaay more than me. My lifetime shotshell count probably hovers around 50-60k, which is probably a lot more than most but way short of you real shotgunners.

You know, the downside of all that shooting is that I know have five guns with release triggers. But, the fun and involvement with the shooting community has been well worth it.

OldAviator

Aug 24, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Wow! I joined this forum to see the chatter about Linberta shotguns and most of what I have seen throughout this thread is a lot of folks with a lot of issues, few of which relate to the Linbertas. Anyway, I have a Linberta PA101TAC Pump shotgun headed my way from Bud's and I'll let you all know what I think after I play with it for a while and I promise just the facts - no issues.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Wow! I joined this forum to see the chatter about Linberta shotguns and most of what I have seen throughout this thread is a lot of folks with a lot of issues, few of which relate to the Linbertas. Anyway, I have a Linberta PA101TAC Pump shotgun headed my way from Bud's and I'll let you all know what I think after I play with it for a while and I promise just the facts - no issues.

I would love to know how many groups of people you know where some people do not have issues? Yes, I know I have my flaws....

Please report back after you put some shells through the gun.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia

:rolleyes:

Thanks for your insightful summation of members in a community of which you are only peripherally aware. I can't wait for your unbiased review.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown

Just curious. Why did you choose this over a proven gun such as an 870 or the like?

OldAviator

Aug 24, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    For Mikec: I have never known a group where none of the members had personal issues. However, with the experience and wisdom that comes with age I have become much better at keeping my issues out of conservations. It probably has something to do with my aviation training and thirty years of military service where a lack of complete attention can get you killed.

For Tss1004: Your sarcasm serves to make my point.

For blackthorne: I only have one shotgun among my rather large firearm collection and it is a Stoeger Uplander 410 side-by-side. I like to try new things and I do not care much for Remingtons, but that is a personal issue. I have had good luck with Bud’s over the years and went there looking for a Mossberg JIC or one of their other 500 models when I noticed their ad for the Linberta. I spent some time in Turkey while on active duty and was impressed with the people and their superb work ethic. Besides, I only spent $300 on the Linberta so if it is unimpressive, I have not lost much. As my bride of 46 years says: “you won’t know if you like it unless you try it.”

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I think everything that needs to be said has been said.

You know folks, while there are a couple of these new users that are most certainly "in on it" as you suspect, since their IPs resolve to Florida, most of these new users are from where they say they are.

Might want to think about how you want to represent this community to new users before jumping on them.

As always, if there is something suspicious, use the report post button rather than trying to play moderator yourself. Some of you are violating the forum rules with your behavior in this thread and you are basing it off of false assumptions.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    also to add....these things are on Bud's.

People are doing web searches to find out more about them.

MDS comes up pretty high on the Google results.

Do we want to be a resource or do we want to abuse people trying to find information?

Not a sermon, just a thought.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom