• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Here the article is i forgot to paste it :http://www.chuckhawks.com/turkish_invasion.htm

Ummm... you might want to read this article you recommend people read. It's not exactly a glowing recommendation of Turkish shotguns.

"Watching the Turkish guns over the years, the metal used has been adequate-with the real turn-off revealing itself in the all too often clumsy assembly....Turkey offers the possibility of good wood, durable finishes, and strong metal. The past has given us mis-machined parts, ghastly triggers, and sub-standard springs. "

speed41ae

Aug 21, 2012
    I found out the more likely reason behind refusal to tell us which mag extension to use. The end of the built in mag is smaller to keep the spring cap from coming out and a shotgun shell will not pass through. A little bit of filing would fix that issue. I can tell you that an extension for a Remington will not work as the threads are different.

Stuntman81

Aug 21, 2012
    Blackthorn, In response to your comments towards me, "I don't think you are any more of a shooter or any more knowledgeable than Matt...You are not just some random guy...My best guess is that you are an employee or confidant of Linberta...That's a very sneaky, yet obvious ploy. Jude? Yeah right, and unbiased to boot." REALLY Blackthorne???

You seem to know so much blackthorn, yet you know so, so little. I have a CCP Permit, I own a Beretta 92A1, Springfiled XD 40 sc and an AR 15 made by Elite Arms Rifle. I have been shooting guns since I was a boy scout over 28 years ago and have not stopped shooting since... I am a random guy, my name really is Jude and I have no affiliation to Linberta or any other gun manufacturer. I am a Regional Sales Director in an entirely different industry that has nothig to do with selling guns, and no, I am not a confidant of Matt, Linberta or anyone else for that matter. I found this forum because I have been trying to learn and become "more informed" about this shotgun which I am in the market, as a consumer, wanting to purchase a shotgun. And if you are still not convinced or have doubts that I have any sort of affiliation with Linberta, I would have to be out of my mind to tell you what I am about to say, "blackthorne don't buy the Linberta, having a customer like you is more trouble than it is worth and I am sure Linberta will do fine without you or me purchasing this gun...hope you are now convinced I have NO Affiliation to Linberta!

For the record, I never assumed "doubters are simply ignorant"...no offense, but my comment of ignorance was directed mainly at you for the following reason (in addition to your blind guesses and assumptions listed above which are completely unfounded and incorrect):

Ignorance is defined as a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge). The word ignorant is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware and is often used to describe individuals who deliberately ignore or disregard important information or facts.

Post after post, Matt was trying to provide answers and information...but because you have experienced a bad incident with a Turkish gun (Huglu), and more bad huglu probably made and designed the same way as your first, you elect to prejudge and label all Turkish guns as being substandard over one experience. Linberta didn't even make that gun that you had a poor experience with, but you choose to prejudge all Turkish guns because you had a bad experience with a gun that was Turkish, completely unrelated to this gun. It is like saying a certain race is bad because a member of that race murdered someone...therefore everyone of that race must be murderers. You correlation is weak at best.

Pass judgements that have relevance...because you have actually shot the gun, or because this gun's firing pin broke, or because this gun failed you or because this gun didn't make it to 5k or 10K rounds...that would be fair. But until you have shot this gun, your opinions of it are all speculative. I appreciate a good debate...what I don't appreciate was your consistent insults, knocks and small thinking towards someone who was tryng to answer your questions and inform you about their product...only for you to regurgitate your points and look for new ways to bash the product and company that he has a passion for. I'll wager my money on a $399. tactical SA shotgun guaranteed by Buds.

I thought I could get some good feedback from this forum related to this gun (I google searched Linberta)...which I did from NeonBee who actually shot the gun and was unbiased. I heard more pros than cons. Thank you - your info was valuable.

I would love to know of any other recommended shotguns that are SA and Tactical without breaking the bank on a Benelli...Looking aat the Mossberg 930 SPX and the Weatherby SA 459. Mossberg 930 SPX looks good and is US made, but doesn't have a chrome lined barrel or removable chokes. And for almost twice the price of the linberta, struggling to justify the extra cost.

To anyone who has an open mind - if you watch the video on BudsGunShop, Tony Pignato (sp?) is the Director of Training at Velocity Training Group over at BudsGunsShop who actually shot the Linberta SA Tactical shotgun ...granted, he will be biased as he is trying to sell the gun for Buds, but at least he has a leg to stand on specific to this gun as compared to others that he can easily sell you over this gun. I plan on speaking to him.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    Blackthorn, In response to your comments towards me, "I don't think you are any more of a shooter or any more knowledgeable than Matt...You are not just some random guy...My best guess is that you are an employee or confidant of Linberta...That's a very sneaky, yet obvious ploy. Jude? Yeah right, and unbiased to boot." REALLY Blackthorne???

You seem to know so much blackthorn, yet you know so, so little. I have a CCP Permit, I own a Beretta 92A1, Springfiled XD 40 sc and an AR 15 made by Elite Arms Rifle. I have been shooting guns since I was a boy scout over 28 years ago and have not stopped shooting since... I am a random guy, my name really is Jude and I have no affiliation to Linberta or any other gun manufacturer. I am a Regional Sales Director in an entirely different industry that has nothig to do with selling guns, and no, I am not a confidant of Matt, Linberta or anyone else for that matter. I found this forum because I have been trying to learn and become "more informed" about this shotgun which I am in the market, as a consumer, wanting to purchase a shotgun. And if you are still not convinced or have doubts that I have any sort of affiliation with Linberta, I would have to be out of my mind to tell you what I am about to say, "blackthorne don't buy the Linberta, having a customer like you is more trouble than it is worth and I am sure Linberta will do fine without you or me purchasing this gun...hope you are now convinced I have NO Affiliation to Linberta!

For the record, I never assumed "doubters are simply ignorant"...no offense, but my comment of ignorance was directed mainly at you for the following reason (in addition to your blind guesses and assumptions listed above which are completely unfounded and incorrect):

Ignorance is defined as a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge). The word ignorant is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware and is often used to describe individuals who deliberately ignore or disregard important information or facts.

Post after post, Matt was trying to provide answers and information...but because you have experienced a bad incident with a Turkish gun (Huglu), and more bad huglu probably made and designed the same way as your first, you elect to prejudge and label all Turkish guns as being substandard over one experience. Linberta didn't even make that gun that you had a poor experience with, but you choose to prejudge all Turkish guns because you had a bad experience with a gun that was Turkish, completely unrelated to this gun. It is like saying a certain race is bad because a member of that race murdered someone...therefore everyone of that race must be murderers. You correlation is weak at best.

Pass judgements that have relevance...because you have actually shot the gun, or because this gun's firing pin broke, or because this gun failed you or because this gun didn't make it to 5k or 10K rounds...that would be fair. But until you have shot this gun, your opinions of it are all speculative. I appreciate a good debate...what I don't appreciate was your consistent insults, knocks and small thinking towards someone who was tryng to answer your questions and inform you about their product...only for you to regurgitate your points and look for new ways to bash the product and company that he has a passion for. I'll wager my money on a $399. tactical SA shotgun guaranteed by Buds.

I thought I could get some good feedback from this forum related to this gun (I google searched Linberta)...which I did from NeonBee who actually shot the gun and was unbiased. I heard more pros than cons. Thank you - your info was valuable.

I would love to know of any other recommended shotguns that are SA and Tactical without breaking the bank on a Benelli...Looking aat the Mossberg 930 SPX and the Weatherby SA 459. Mossberg 930 SPX looks good and is US made, but doesn't have a chrome lined barrel or removable chokes. And for almost twice the price of the linberta, struggling to justify the extra cost.

To anyone who has an open mind - if you watch the video on BudsGunShop, Tony Pignato (sp?) is the Director of Training at Velocity Training Group over at BudsGunsShop who actually shot the Linberta SA Tactical shotgun ...granted, he will be biased as he is trying to sell the gun for Buds, but at least he has a leg to stand on specific to this gun as compared to others that he can easily sell you over this gun. I plan on speaking to him.

Blackthorne and I have not always seen eye to eye and there's been a time or two where we've exchanged our differing perspectives, but right is right and wrong is wrong and I'm not a blackthorne fanboy by any means.

I'll just put it real simple: He is probably much more of a shooter than you and most importantly, You DON'T FVCK WITH BLACKTHORNE WHEN IT COMES TO SHOTGUNS! It's that simple. He is the shotgun guru, and I'm talking about all shotguns not just department store specials. He's probably put more shot downrange than this whole forum collectively.

I'm just gonna leave it at that.

cobbcr62

Aug 22, 2012
    Rockledge, FL.
    Like Stuntman81, I also saw the Linberta shotgun on Buds and wanted to find additional information. So, I googled it and found this forum. While I did find a little new info about Linberta, what I mostly found was that... a few members on this forum can come across as real jerks. The guy was just trying to put out there that he was proud of his product and felt that people would like it. He simply asked you to be open minded and give it a look. Instead, members of this forum proceeded to bitch-slap him through the entire thread and then had the nerve to criticize him for not loaning you a gun to test. Some on here MAY BE the most knowledgeable in the country, I'm not one of them. But when that knowledge is offered up with arrogance and disparagement....it loses any value.

Are Linberta shotguns crap? Well, none of us really know....do we. I am still on the fence until I can get some hands-on feedback from people who took a chance, like NeonBee. If I decide to buy one....I'll report back with my thoughts.

Chris

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    If we could get the nutswinging and chest thumping over with this might have been a decent thread about Turkish made shotguns

daleeman

Aug 22, 2012
    Hay all,

Name is Lee, just joined today on this forum. Work for the Air Force and been one to enjoy shooting cameras and firearms forever.
    Today I should take possession of a new Linberta Semi auto from Buds from the FFL at the range tonight. I received messages from Matt the day the website was going up with the manual for the firearm even before it was posted. So I appreciate his efforts.

Dad got me a Winchester 1200 pump when I was 15. I shoot trap and skeet with. That is when my shoulder feels good, (Damaged it when I caught my ageing mother falling out of bed and it has never been the same.) I shoot mostly revolvers these days because of that.

Upon a search I saw this thread and joined to let you know about my impressions of the Linberta when I get it. I did note the User Agreement when signing up and wonder if anyone else ever reads it. It states these two points, among others. Not too wag my finger, but the thread is a bit caustic, for a new product one week into our market.
    Part of user agreement:
    >> Personal attacks: This is a forum of and for adults. Personal attacks and throwing insults at other members is not acceptable. Everyone also has access to the "edit" and "delete" functions for their own posts, so losing your temper is not an excuse. <<
    >>Common Courtesy: Is expected of everyone. This is a very general rule but one that any adult shouldn't have trouble following. As a rule if you wouldn't say something to someone's face, then you should think twice before saying to them it over the Internet. Remember that everyone places different values on things and what's small and insignificant to you might be a big deal to another member.<<

So I look forward to picking up my new shotgun. I do not plan to shoot trap or skeet with it. I hope to never have to use it after it proves itself dependable. I purchased this shotgun to make a “terminal mess” out of anyone found inside of my house. That is all.

Once I pick it up I’ll break it down, give it a one over, clean and oil and then shoot it in a few days and let you know how it responds. Will give you my results soon.

Make it a great Air Force Day.
    Lee

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I did note the User Agreement when signing up and wonder if anyone else ever reads it. It states these two points, among others. Not too wag my finger, but the thread is a bit caustic, for a new product one week into our market.
    Part of user agreement:
    >> Personal attacks: This is a forum of and for adults. Personal attacks and throwing insults at other members is not acceptable. Everyone also has access to the "edit" and "delete" functions for their own posts, so losing your temper is not an excuse. <<
    >>Common Courtesy: Is expected of everyone. This is a very general rule but one that any adult shouldn't have trouble following. As a rule if you wouldn't say something to someone's face, then you should think twice before saying to them it over the Internet. Remember that everyone places different values on things and what's small and insignificant to you might be a big deal to another member.<<

First post and threatening others not to criticize you. Nice.

I purchased this shotgun to make a “terminal mess” out of anyone found inside of my house. That is all.

I strongly suggest you take your own advice and re-consider your use of words.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    It seems kinda weird that this thread has all these new members just joining to talk about this shotgun that I was so happily ignorant of just a few days ago.:innocent0

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I'm big on going out of my way to trumpet about stuff I do not possess or have first-hand experience with.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    OK young Jedis.... chill out. Fret not, for I shall not be buying any Turkish guns in the near future, thus relieving the manufacturers of the pain of dealing with me. However, I do think that the various Linberta fanboys certainly deserve to buy one..... so go for it. Enjoy it. Hope it works out.

This thread has made a couple of wrong turns and I suppose that I'm responsible for "some" of that. Allow me to share where I'm coming from and to give you a little background. First of all, I've been hunting and shooting rifles, pistols and shotguns since I was eight years old. I'm now 60. I'm former LE and an FBI trained firearms instructor and have gone through numerous manufacturer armorer schools. I now shoot Trap, Sporting Clays and hunt a lot of birdsd, both upland and waterfowl. I currently own just a few more guns than the three that my junior detractor owns.... somewhere around 80. Over the years I have done a lot of shooting and have educated myself in the world of shotguns moreso than other arms. I really enjoy working with new shooters to get them off on the right foot. I hate to see new guys duped into buying junk and often try to steer them away from it. Today we have a lot of new shooters jumping into the world of guns and shooting. Unlike years past where kids were introduced to hunting and shooting by knowledgable fathers, todays young adults, for whatever the motivating reason, decide that they want to shoot and with little knowledge start heading in that direction. That's just great, really. However, to do so without any practical background leaves these folks wide open to the considerable amount of junk on the market today. This is why I often jump in with both feet and make recommendations to new shooters and question the folks who may prey upon them. So, to those who got their hackles up, chill out, listen to your Dutch Uncles when they suggest that you keep your eyes and ears open and your big mouths shut. That might be a bitter pill to swallow, but it is and always has been sound advice. If the detractors dare to do so, I'm free to meet with you to smoke some targets and discuss this face to face, which always works out better than keyboard wars. This is my last comment in this thread.

speed41ae

Aug 21, 2012
    I think that some of your other new users are like me. I am from Virginia and have never heard of this forum until I searched for information on the Linberta shotgun that I had just purchased. I just received it yesterday and have not shot it yet. I like to tinker and thought that I could find out some information about my new shotgun here. I guess that I will have to figure it out on my own as Matt is less than helpful. I wonder if he understands that posting here and avoiding questions like he did will most likely cost him sales.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I think that some of your other new users are like me. I am from Virginia and have never heard of this forum until I searched for information on the Linberta shotgun that I had just purchased. I just received it yesterday and have not shot it yet. I like to tinker and thought that I could find out some information about my new shotgun here. I guess that I will have to figure it out on my own as Matt is less than helpful. I wonder if he understands that posting here and avoiding questions like he did will most likely cost him sales.

Speed41ae, welcome aboard. Maybe introduce yourself in the Introductions forum. I think Matt figured out he was potentially doing more harm than good. Best of luck with your shotgun.

RetNavyHD

Dec 7, 2008
    North East, MD
    Blackthorne and I have not always seen eye to eye and there's been a time or two where we've exchanged our differing perspectives, but right is right and wrong is wrong and I'm not a blackthorne fanboy by any means.

I'll just put it real simple: He is probably much more of a shooter than you and most importantly, You DON'T FVCK WITH BLACKTHORNE WHEN IT COMES TO SHOTGUNS! It's that simple. He is the shotgun guru, and I'm talking about all shotguns not just department store specials. He's probably put more shot downrange than this whole forum collectively.
    I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Highly doubt that!!! Thats funny stuff right there but I do agree with everything he said.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    Highly doubt that!!! Thats funny stuff right there but I do agree with everything he said.

I kinda doubt that too. You need to remember that there are probably several members of the forum who are sleepers. Yep, funny stuff and I do enjoy that.

A quick conservative count (shotgun only) with Trap, Skeet, Sporting, Bunker, Flyers and Hunting would only be about 900,000 shots to date. Rifles, not so much as it's only sporters other than dabbling in high power for one year. Handguns - Bullseye, ORFP, PPC, IPSC, IMSHA and Plinking about 200,000 shots. Many people have probably the same kinda stats if they have shot long enough. Damn, I think I've spent way too much money shooting! Probably could have retired by now. I think I'll slow down and go into politics.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I kinda doubt that too. You need to remember that there are probably several members of the forum who are sleepers. Yep, funny stuff and I do enjoy that.

A quick conservative count (shotgun only) with Trap, Skeet, Sporting, Bunker, Flyers and Hunting would only be about 900,000 shots to date. Rifles, not so much as it's only sporters other than dabbling in high power for one year. Handguns - Bullseye, ORFP, PPC, IPSC, IMSHA and Plinking about 200,000 shots. Many people have probably the same kinda stats if they have shot long enough. Damn, I think I've spent way too much money shooting! Probably could have retired by now. I think I'll slow down and go into politics.

So at $5/box, you have spent $180,000 for shotshells:)

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia

I saw you viewing the thread but you weren't chiming in and I was trying to prove a point. I'm sure there are a handful of guys on here that shoot scatterguns as much or more than Blackthorne, but that number isn't that many. I do think guys like you and Blackthorne have put more shot downrange than the collective majority here though.

Either way, I'm not arguing about shotguns with either of you. You know waaaaay more than me. My lifetime shotshell count probably hovers around 50-60k, which is probably a lot more than most but way short of you real shotgunners.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom