• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    I picked up a PERFORMANCE CENTER M&P9 SHIELD M2.0 4" BARREL from GymRatz and took it to the range last weekend. Man, can that thing shoot. I have to lift my head to use my bifocals to focus on the front sight which is a little awkward but I could get a lot of bullets through the same hole at 7 yards when I did. if used the regular part of my glasses and could not focus on front sight it opened up. Even shot my full size M&P45 pretty good that day but not nearly as good as the performance center. I don't think it was the fiber optic sights but they were very bright. So much so I kinda want them on all my pistols now. So it must be the performance center treatment? I don't know that I have ever shot my S&W 460XVR that good and the trigger on that cannon is as good as any rifle trigger I ever used.
    This new one is a keeper for sure!

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I love my non-performance 2.0 Shield.

My only gripe with it is that I use it as a carry gun, and it eats into my side. The grip is like sandpaper.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008

My only gripe with it is that I use it as a carry gun, and it eats into my side. The grip is like sandpaper.

Honestly, I think IWB holsters should fully cover the grips of their firearms. For that reason I have been wearing an undershirt when I carry, even under T-shirts.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    I put a section of bicycle inner tube around the grip of a Shield .45.
    Take a tool like a screw driver or smiliar and scrape the grip section that makes skin contact. Even a little sandpaper.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018

I have the First Gen .45 Shield, put Talon Grips on it, the rubbery ones. Works great.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I have the First Gen .45 Shield, put Talon Grips on it, the rubbery ones. Works great.

I have the 9mm version but also put the rubber talon grips on it. They do catch your shirt a bit but are much more comfortable than the grip itself rubbing.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis

I bought the 45 shield after the 9 shield 3 years ago, so the 9 was not abrasive but the 45 was terrible ‘ cause in the summer it was iwb under a shirt with no tee. I used hi grit sand paper and sanded down the high sharp points on the inside of the grip, leaving the sharpness on the outside. No loss of control and total comfort. And visually hard pressed to notice. Other people use a stick on grip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom