• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I’m worried that the terrible bills in VA will push MD to “one up” their southern neighbors.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    As not a lawyer I am a bit confused. It looks like it is adding a heavy barrel version and thus copies to the banned list but leaving the Colt H-Bar Sporter? I don't see how that works if common use is the standard and the AR-15 is the best selling rifle of all time and frequently used for every possible legal purpose.

The AM-15 .223 is an M4 profile barrel, not heavy barreled or anything like that. It seems to be banning a very specific AR by name that’s already banned under the copy of an enumerate banned firearm (AR-15s).

The AM-15 in .300 caliber would be an additional banned item and seems like it would potentially ban all “clones”, which would probably be any AR-15 in .300BO as there is no exception for HBAR like there is under the AR-15 ban.

I think it’ll take MSP and a eventually possibly a court to figure out what the F MGA is trying to do with this.

Don’t take this as me shrugging this off. It needs fighting tooth and nail. Again, because the idiot isn’t amending things so that the ban commences from the enactment, it is retro to when FSA went in to effect.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    In theory, MD is part of the US, and the Heller decision said "in common use" is the test for what can't be banned. Unfortunately, 4CA doesn't seem to have read Heller.

As I said, there is no "in common use" standard in MD.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    The AM-15 .223 is an M4 profile barrel, not heavy barreled or anything like that. It seems to be banning a very specific AR by name that’s already banned under the copy of an enumerate banned firearm (AR-15s).

The AM-15 in .300 caliber would be an additional banned item and seems like it would potentially ban all “clones”, which would probably be any AR-15 in .300BO as there is no exception for HBAR like there is under the AR-15 ban.

I think it’ll take MSP and a eventually possibly a court to figure out what the F MGA is trying to do with this.

Don’t take this as me shrugging this off. It needs fighting tooth and nail. Again, because the idiot isn’t amending things so that the ban commences from the enactment, it is retro to when FSA went in to effect.
    Thanks for the info. When I looked up AM-15 I saw it advertised as heavy barrel but I may have looked at a different model.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thanks for the info. When I looked up AM-15 I saw it advertised as heavy barrel but I may have looked at a different model.

Sportsman’s guide says M4 profile as do all the pics I can find.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...-223-remington-16-barrel-301-rounds?a=2181877

Also the legislative listing is wrong. At least according to Anderson’s website. The AM-15BR is the one in .223. The one in 5.56 is the AM-15, or so it seems. Both are M4 profile barrels. Can’t find a heavy barreled AM-15 in Anderson’s website or anywhere else that’s advertised as “AM-15” that’s in .223 caliber that has a heavy barrel.

https://andersonmanufacturing.com/am15-br-complete-rifle-assembly-5-56-nato-17-hicks.html

https://andersonmanufacturing.com/complete-rifle-assy-am-15-mod03-ct1-5-56-nato-16.html

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    My concern with this is that for anyone who purchased an Anderson lower and built their own AR, they will suddenly be illegal.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    My concern with this is that for anyone who purchased an Anderson lower and built their own AR, they will suddenly be illegal.

You have a pint there, and I suspect either sloppy Bill writing or intentional that rather than a separate call out that they are banned from the date of passage like FSA had been, they’d be retro banned to when FSA originally went in to effect.

And out of curiosity, I did check and mine do say AM-15 on them. Though multi cal. Probably wouldn’t stop the gestapo from saying if I had it chambered in .223 of any kind it was illegal. One of mines a pistol right now (okay, well was a pistol. No upper for it at all now) and the other was never built.

I guess time to diversify my ownership of lowers.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    That workaround has been in use for more than five years now. It's not a secret, and you're not a mod.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

If you dont think the antis come here for tips on how to write gun laws then you dont think. SMH.

Copenhaver

Feb 19, 2011
    St.Marys
    Now does it being on the banned list mean no transfer/sale? Or does it mean there will be hundreds of thousands of boating accidents in the Chesapeake? Maryland laws and terminology never make any sense to me.

Let’s say someone has a few ARs built on Anderson lowers. How does this affect the ones they already own?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Now does it being on the banned list mean no transfer/sale? Or does it mean there will be hundreds of thousands of boating accidents in the Chesapeake? Maryland laws and terminology never make any sense to me.

Let’s say someone has a few ARs built on Anderson lowers. How does this affect the ones they already own?
    We won't know the answers until the bill is presented in committee.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Give the dems credit... MD style gun control is a little here and a little there until there will be none left.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Get ready for news stories about shooting deaths from AR's, printed guns, guns with laser sights, accidental deaths from concealed carry holders, & any other sensational BS they can dig up.

Nanook

F-notso-NG-anymore
    Please stop posting work around for every bill filed, especially while/before they are in session. it only helps them close off any holes in there laws. MGA reads MDS, including the watercooler. They use it to find what they miss in their laws.

Perhaps we need to post, in red bold print, the sections of the Constitution that they are bound and determined to undermine and destroy. That way they might be reminded of what they swore an oath to uphold - or be educated on for the first time.

*AHEM*: Dear MGA Azzhats: "shall not be infringed". Stop putting roadblocks in the way of law abiding citizens. Nothing you are doing is a burden on the criminal element who choose to use firearms as weapons while committing other crimes. It would be great if you would listen and try to understand the words, both little and big, your colleagues on the right side of this discussion use in the chambers.

Sincerely,
    Law abiding citizens who are pushed further and further into the corner each time you jackasses meet up.

Note: this is not a call to illegal action e.g. removal by force of those who are hell-bent on their actions. However, if they so choose to wander around downtown Baltimore alone and unarmed in the wee hours of the morning, most of us wouldn't be offended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom