• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Only the Anderson hbar in 223 and 300 would be illegal...

Except for Copies of them, which any other AR is a copy, since an Anderson lower is basically the same as any other AR lower, except for what is roll stamped on it.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Except for Copies of them, which any other AR is a copy, since an Anderson lower is basically the same as any other AR lower, except for what is roll stamped on it.

Yup, that's the concern. If they ban the .300 blk is that a ban on ALL .300 blks, regardless of the manufacturer as they all would be deemed copies? It might well.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So for whatever it's worth; here is what the MSP FAQ pages states regarding building out lowers

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Pages/FAQs.aspx

Question: May I build my lower receiver purchased after 10/1/2013 into an assault long gun?

Answer: ​No, a lower receiver of a banned assault long gun purchased after 10/1/2013 may be built—provided there is compliance with federal and other state laws—only into a handgun, a short barreled rifle that has an overall length of 29 inches or greater, or if the lower receiver is an AR15 platform, into a heavy barrel model.​

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    To add to the previous post:

Question: May I build my lower receiver purchased at any time into a handgun?

Answer: Yes, a lower receiver of a banned assault long gun may be manufactured provided there is compliance with federal and other state laws—into a handgun.​

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They are not wrong with that interpretation. Realistically, it's impossible to prove, of course.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Is there a way to sue for making it more difficult? I feel that my input is being suppressed. I cannot take off work on short notice, and the hearing scheduling is making this a problem.

Since when does redressing your grievances with your government require you to purchase a specific technology and use that technology as the only method of verifying your request to redress your grievances?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Since when does redressing your grievances with your government require you to purchase a specific technology and use that technology as the only method of verifying your request to redress your grievances?

Since they want to make it as hard as possible to petition the government on things they don’t want to hear about. Guns are scary and icky okay.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County

Like MSP's web site requiring a particular version of Internet Explorer to work properly?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Like MSP's web site requiring a particular version of Internet Explorer to work properly?

That’s more reality than anything. If technology is going to be used, there are going to be certain limits. Might work fine on safari, probably don’t have the resources to check that their web code will work perfectly on 7 different browsers over 76 different versions of all of them. So you test it on one or two of the more popular ones, probably ensuring the latest web browser build works and call it a day.

Or add weeks or months of testing with each software release and tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars in IT resources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom