• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I race SCCA in an SRF. Although it has been a few years since I was active.

I watch F1 as often as I can. I have attended races at Watkins Glen (in the old days), Hungary (Budapest), Canada (Montreal), and Turkey last Istanbul F1 weekend). I even had breakfast with Bernie in Budapest. At least in the same room as Bernie. Also Red Bull team stays in Marriott, so have been in the hotel with the 3 times.

I will watch most any racing when I have the time.

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    Long time drag racing fan/crewman been to over 100 NHRA-IHRA-PDRA-ADRL national events and many others all over the USA. Still going to many more 2020 is going to be awesome. Drag racing has the baddest, most horsepower and best sounding engines in all of racing. Nitromethane (explosive like a bomb 11,000 plus horsepower supercharged), methanol, super high octane racing gas, nitrous oxide. Supercharged, turbocharged, injected, normally aspirated. 330 plus miles per hour etc. Everybody stands up with their hats off for the national anthem (not like the pathetic disrespectful NFL). A skydiver usually jumps out of a plane with the USA flag on Sunday before eliminations start. Now that is REAL USA. Real patriotism not like the phony NFL.

Used to drag race a lot at the now defunct Capitol Raceway and York US 30, closed years ago. Now I'm into RC drag racing. Much more affordable, fun and no injuries if you crash your car. And yes, MOPARs RULE!!!

Attachments

• 20191223_120039~2.jpg
      20191223_120039~2.jpg
      33.9 KB · Views: 154
    Last edited:

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    Funny Car runs ~ 1.5s to 1.6s, (132 ft., 1/10 qtr mi), The Challenger and Superbird are brand new and as yet untested. We'll find out in the spring. Both are bracket cars and should be fairly quick. Both have simulated header flames and engine sound and Superbird has simulated NITROUS system!!!

Last edited:

YerNotGood

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    I race SCCA in an SRF. Although it has been a few years since I was active.

I watch F1 as often as I can. I have attended races at Watkins Glen (in the old days), Hungary (Budapest), Canada (Montreal), and Turkey last Istanbul F1 weekend). I even had breakfast with Bernie in Budapest. At least in the same room as Bernie. Also Red Bull team stays in Marriott, so have been in the hotel with the 3 times.

I will watch most any racing when I have the time.

What kind of longevity do you typically see in SRF engines? Are you rebuilding every season? The idea of sealed engine/trans is appealing to me.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I have gone to a few events over the years. I hit the Baltimore Grand Prix the last year that it was here. I also hit the Red Bull Global RallyCross the last year that it was in DC. Had a good time at both. I went to the NHRA Mopar Nationals at Maple Grove and learned that I do not enjoy standing anywhere near a Top Fuel car when it fires up in the pits. :puke: Much better from the stands.

TorqueVsGrip.jpg

We are looking for something to go to this year. Thinking about the Jefferson 500 at Summit Raceway or possibly the White Rose Hill Climb in Jefferson, PA.

rtse4me

Apr 12, 2013
    Howard County
    Used to have a dirt midget 20+ years ago put together a drag car a couple years to have fun with. Helped with some Pikes Peak hill climb cars a long time ago, Always wanted to run Pikes Peak when it was gravel doesn't seem the same since they paved it.

Chili Bowl is on MAVTV tonight at 8:30 one of my favorites.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    This^^^^^^

If you have never watched it you are seriously missing out on one of the most amazing races you can watch. It is a motorcycle race which shuts down most of the street on the island and all of the racing happens on the public roads. I think the competitors are insane running triple digit speeds 15 feet from houses and getting airborne over small hills in the road. Several people die each year at this race but, they never show the wrecks. It will a a must watch.

Yeah those guys have GIANT BRASS BALLS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like watching the Isle of Man TT. It's an insane race.

I used to cannonball and hang out in amateur rally circles in Maine doing 90+mph on old logging roads for fun and watching the Isle of Man TT makes even my testicles retract into my body from secondhand anxiety.

As for Dakar, the truck racing division is one of my absolute favorite Motorsports events on the planet and one of my dreams is to one day import a backbone chassis 8x8 Tatra and build an expedition RV out of it.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I was in to inboard hydroplane racing for over 25 years. Incredible sport and incredible people! Nothing quite like going 100 + with 10 other boats into the first turn, heck of a rush!!

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Record and watch most all televised racing events. F1, MotoGP, IMSA, TT's, BTCC and WEC. When I can get Dakar and WRC, I record them as well. Sad that I can't get WRC on Dish anymore.

I raced competitively for 12 years beginning with AutoX and then road racing. I have raced most everywhere from Road Atlanta to New Hampshire and to me it was the most fun thing to do with your clothes on. Kids and their activities hampered my ability to continue but I hope to get back to it as my second will be off to college in just under two years. They were at the races from the tender age of 3 weeks for my son. Both he and my daughter have fond memories and made many friends at the track. My father also raced and was very successful back in the 60's so it is in my blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom