Where to buy deer meat in/around Gaithersburg?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornbakerfella

Oct 6, 2016
    God's Country
    Maybe this is hard times and people who simply don’t know but a little research or reading some responses here would quickly educate them.

This just smells of NRP trying to bait someone into a sting.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My butcher always ends up with unclaimed orders at the end of deer season. He can only charge what is owed to him...

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I just hope he wasn’t really in need. These are tough times for some. I’ve killed deer in the past for friends. I would gut it and they would take it to the butcher, and pay for processing. That’s not illegal (I hope:)).

I see your point though. The guy the other night hit every hunting thread in an hours time, seemed like he was trying to bait someone into selling him some meat.

...and then didn't get back to anyone that had offered him anything. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (and some meat) given the season (and the year), but his non-response just further pushes me in to my more comfortable role as a curmudgeon.

But technically this last guy didn't ask for anyone to break the law. He said he'd pay for processing of a deer given to him, which is legal. But my refound curmudgeonness allows me to not care.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    ...and then didn't get back to anyone that had offered him anything. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (and some meat) given the season (and the year), but his non-response just further pushes me in to my more comfortable role as a curmudgeon.

But technically this last guy didn't ask for anyone to break the law. He said he'd pay for processing of a deer given to him, which is legal. But my refound curmudgeonness allows me to not care.

I agree. Most of the time it’s just easier to say F- them, and move on. I never knew what a curmudgeon was, but after searching it, I fall in that category too.:)

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Giant use to sell an order game meat. Call an ask if the still do. Also, check local butchers "if" you have any near you.

It was new zealand red deer i recall seeing every now and then long time ago for almost $30 a pound. Op can buy deer meat all day long online from states w deer farms. Its not cheap.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Actually, he did get back to me and then he got banned(not because of me). There are things that Norton sees that we are unable. :thumbsup:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    For anyone looking for deer meat, PM me around the end of February. My butcher gets left with peoples' orders that were never picked up. The deal is, you pay the butchering fee(and that varies, depending what the hunter requested) of that specific order. His standard butcher job starts at $85. My personal orders average $150-$200, so it can vary. You will not be charged for the meat, but only the labor for the butchering. Do not PM me now. Wait until at least the third week of February please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom