• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    I'm interesting in getting a pair of electronic ear muffs, so I can hear what's going on if I take class and I'm not totally oblivious to my surroundings when I'm at the range.

I expect I'm going to have to shell out some cash for this. Can anyone recommend any particular ear pro (or even steer me away from any particular ones)?

Thanks.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Look here
    http://www.botachtactical.com/pesotr.html
    botach_2119_545774067

I purchased these for both, my wife and I. They work real nice and if you use the lithium batteries, the weight is not noticed.

Weak_Hand_Only

Mar 17, 2010
    I like the Caldwell $30 pair. Seems to work just fine for me. Purchased in Feb 2010 and have been using them since. Light weight and the batteries have yet to be changed.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Have you tried listening to music through them? How's the sound quality?

Nope, just lots of gunfire, cocking, de-cocking, etc. The quality is pretty good overall though. Only thing I had happen was the foam part covering the microphone fell off at year 3.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg

I second the recommendation for the Howard Leight muffs. I've had the same set of batteries in mine since last August with frequent range trips and it still works fine. Its not the most sound reduction out there but it works well enough at the indoor NRA range for me to hear range commands and carry on a conversation with my range buddy.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    I have never tried expensive models and if I used them enough I probably would. That being said, the cheapo Caldwell work pretty well for the money. Definitely go with the low profile ones for a few bucks more. Not sure about durability as I haven't had them long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom