• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    LWRC is running a father's day sale in the web store of 15% off on complete uppers.
    An upper with an MSRP of $1919 is discounted $287.85 to $1,642.58, which makes it $150 less than even the Northwest Tactical mail order price.
    The discount code from on their homepage = "iluvdaddy"

I'm so tempted.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    YIKES!!!!

And LWRC's uppers cost this much why??

Does it come with a cute German girl to keep me company at night?

Don't they have to charge MD residents sales tax? How does that affect the price?

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    That was asked more as a rhetorical question. Unless they let you pick the upper up, a MD resident still has to pay S/H. Add the 6% and the prices goes up by almost $100. (Thanks, now I am doing the math...)

Bottom line, are these worth the $$ for the average Joe? I am not going to be going to the Middle East, not a LEO. Are there others as good around for less $$? Is LWRC the ultimate AR builder?

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    I'm sure that you have to pay sales tax if you have it shipped to MD. But you can have it shipped to a FedEx Kinko's in VA as "Hold for Pickup" and not pay sales tax. You can't do "Hold for Pickup" on a ground shipment, but you can do that for an "Express Saver" shipment.

LWRC will ship ground for free. LWRC charges you $11 to have an upper shipped to VA by "Express Saver"+"Hold for Pickup" and you skip the sales tax.

If you like LWRC, it doesn't get cheaper than this.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    And LWRC's uppers cost this much why??

Because you never have to clean them. If you bother to wipe the BCG down with a rag after shooting a few hundred rounds then you are doing more than you need.

$1919 for the upper alone is MSRP for the adjustable gas piston model (M6A3). The complete M6A2 (non-adjustable gas piston) rifle can be had for around $2100 mail order from reputable dealers.

angler

Mar 30, 2010
    DAMN LIGHTNING STRIKE!

Dead laptop and dead cell phone have wiped out the gun fund for a while.......M6A3 would've been mine for what I paid for the laptop.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Gotta pay to play! ;)

I have seen a few of these and they're nice. From what I hear they're worth the cost but don't have any practical experience directly.

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    My buddy recently bought an LWRC complete carbine brand new for 1750 off GB. They are floating around. Their uppers go for around 1100. This is for the M6A2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom