• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    Can anybody help me out. I have a 2-day match this weekend I went to load up tonight and I don't have enough to get me through even the first day. I will be leaving thurs. after work for the match. I can't find any locally, I have 8# on order with Powder Valley but it wont be here in time. A is all I need. I live in North East and I'm desperate. Thanks.
    Larry

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    valley guns II in inwood WV may be able to help you out if you get real desperate. they are just off I-81

google em for their contact info

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    I don't know the fine details of powder possession. I don't anyone who reloads that only keeps 5# of powder. I think by the time I got off work and got to WV they would be closed and I don't think I'm desperate enough to drive to WV. I might drive a few countys or a little way into PA or DE but not a whole state. I live in North East all the way at the tip of the Chesapeake. But thanks for the help.
    Larry

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    From North East go north on Rt 272 into Buck ,Pa..
    MALLINS GUN REPAIR
    801 Lancaster Pike
    Quarryville, PA 17566
    Phone: 717-284-2778

The Shop is on Rt 272 about 1 mile north of the Intersection of Rts 272 & 372.
    I suggest calling ahead, not sure of their hours or available Stock! Tell them Lambo sent you!

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    Thanks

Thanks Lambo and Doug your replies were helpful and powder has been located. Guthook thank you for your reply also it was very illuminating but had absolutely no connection to the subject of my post.
    Larry

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Thanks Lambo and Doug your replies were helpful and powder has been located. Guthook thank you for your reply also it was very illuminating but had absolutely no connection to the subject of my post.
    Larry

Yes - silly guthook. Please forgive him for being concerned that you stated intention to purchase/possess almost twice the legal limit of smokeless powder. I can totally see that it had absolutely no connection to your subject.........:sad20:

Last edited:

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Yes - silly guthook. Please forgive him for being concerned that you stated intention to purchase/possess almost twice the legal limit of smokeless powder. I can totally see that it had no absolutely no connection to your subject.........:sad20:

My goodness yes! There's no connection?

guthook!! what COULD you have been thinking? :shrug: The very notion that you'd be concerned enough about a fellow forum member to enlighten him on the MD laws regarding the quantity of powder one may legally possess...well, that just crosses the line.

Thanks for your reminder to EVERYONE! Glad lmorrison17 evidently found what he needed with no further fanfare.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Well I went to Bass Pro today to get some H4350 and they were all out. That is normally where I get it.

I went to Bass Pro on Saturday, 1/17... they were out of pretty much everything that I asked about. (H4895, H4350, Varget, they had a few boxes of primers but nothing I wanted).

BTW, I saw absolutely NO areas on the shelves for brass or bullets - I assume they have stopped carrying them there.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Yes. I talked to one of the guys at the counter and said all they carry now are primers and powder. He didn't know why they stopped carrying the brass and bullets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom