• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Got a email announcing that Atlantic Guns has a new gunsmith .
    Anyone had any experience with them for gunsmith work

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    They did and a picture of him in the shop , But I deleted the email and can't recall the name and the name of the Gunsmithing School he came from .
    I know it wasn't the one in Colorado .

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    They did and a picture of him in the shop , But I deleted the email and can't recall the name and the name of the Gunsmithing School he came from .
    I know it wasn't the one in Colorado .

From their email:

ATLANTIC GUNS is pleased to introduce our new gunsmith, John Nelson. John is a talented graduate of the Lassen Gunsmithing School. John's services include: general firearm repair, routine maintenance and cleaning, machine work, customization and alterations, barrel threading and Cerakote refinishing.

phinfanfrommd

Jul 26, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Got a email announcing that Atlantic Guns has a new gunsmith .
    Anyone had any experience with them for gunsmith work

I've never used them for any gunsmithing work, but have gave them my business for a couple firearm purchases. Considering they are located in a terrible state and county for guns, they provide amazing customer service. I can only imagine the amount of asshats that come in daily looking for "assault" rifles.....

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I've never used them for any gunsmithing work, but have gave them my business for a couple firearm purchases. Considering they are located in a terrible state and county for guns, they provide amazing customer service. I can only imagine the amount of asshats that come in daily looking for "assault" rifles.....

They do get some sketchy ones in there , I remember once when I in college and was in there picking up a gun , Carl was helping me , I was filling out the 4473 when this person of lets say questionable character comes up to the counter next to me and tells Carl "I need a box of "Two Fives " , Carl said let me take care of him while you finish the form . He told him they only have one kind ,
    The guy said that's fine as long as they "Two Fives " , Carl said I need to see your Drivers License for proof of age , So he's got in his hand with some cash
    he hands to him and Carl said "Your from DC , then I need you Firearms Registration card too, for the number " The guy said "I forgot to bring it "
    I'll come back later with it. Then went for the door at a quick pace . The whole time his eyes were looking all over , you could see he was nervous .
    I asked what that was all about , He said they haven't registered a handgun
    since the mid 70's and he wasn't old enough to had a grandfathered handgun.
    So I ask for the registration and they always forget it and don't come back .

They do get some sketchy ones in there , I remember once when I in college and was in there picking up a gun , Carl was helping me , I was filling out the 4473 when this person of lets say questionable character comes up to the counter next to me and tells Carl "I need a box of "Two Fives " , Carl said let me take care of him while you finish the form . He told him they only have one kind ,
    The guy said that's fine as long as they "Two Fives " , Carl said I need to see your Drivers License for proof of age , So he's got in his hand with some cash
    he hands to him and Carl said "Your from DC , then I need you Firearms Registration card too, for the number " The guy said "I forgot to bring it "
    I'll come back later with it. Then went for the door at a quick pace . The whole time his eyes were looking all over , you could see he was nervous .
    I asked what that was all about , He said they haven't registered a handgun
    since the mid 70's and he wasn't old enough to had a grandfathered handgun.
    So I ask for the registration and they always forget it and don't come back .

Oh Carl, miss that guy. he regularly brags to Dale his daily retirement activities.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Oh Carl, miss that guy. he regularly brags to Dale his daily retirement activities.

Funny that you mentioned Dale , I stopped in the other day and noticed that I hadn't seen him so I asked and they told me he's no longer there .
    They didn't say much other than he suddenly quit/retired .
    One said he might come back part time , Another said probably not.
    Hope he's enjoying retirement, hated to see Carl go and now Dale .

Funny that you mentioned Dale , I stopped in the other day and noticed that I hadn't seen him so I asked and they told me he's no longer there .
    They didn't say much other than he suddenly quit/retired .
    One said he might come back part time , Another said probably not.
    Hope he's enjoying retirement, hated to see Carl go and now Dale .
    Well damn. More sadness. Only one left is Mark, Steve's son.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Well damn. More sadness. Only one left is Mark, Steve's son.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mark's a good guy but he's not always around or available so my go to guy
    will fall to Frank he's knowledgeable but not to the extent like Carl and Dale were , Don't know the other guys much they seem okay enough to get stuff off the shelf , Don't know his name one of the new guys ,Looks like the guy in the
    movie "Hangover" isn't shy about telling you what You Want and he's done it all .
    I think every Gun shop I've ever been in has one like that .

Mark's a good guy but he's not always around or available so my go to guy
    will fall to Frank he's knowledgeable but not to the extent like Carl and Dale were , Don't know the other guys much they seem okay enough to get stuff off the shelf , Don't know his name one of the new guys ,Looks like the guy in the
    movie "Hangover" isn't shy about telling you what You Want and he's done it all .
    I think every Gun shop I've ever been in has one like that .

I don't recall who Frank is.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I don't recall who Frank is.

He's one of the young guys I think he's been there a couple of years now he came on before Carl retired , he thought highly of him and said Frank would take care of me but I do miss the old guys , you hardly find that degree of knowledge with your average LGS anymore .

He's one of the young guys I think he's been there a couple of years now he came on before Carl retired , he thought highly of him and said Frank would take care of me but I do miss the old guys , you hardly find that degree of knowledge with your average LGS anymore .

If he's been there a couple years I must have met him then. That's saying something that Carl thinks highly of him :lol2:

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    If he's been there a couple years I must have met him then. That's saying something that Carl thinks highly of him :lol2:

Well highly was my choice of words , When Carl told me he's retiring and moving
    I told him I'd miss his advice and input , I'm losing my "Go to guy" .
    He said Dale would still be there and you could deal with Frank one of the new guys , He seams a little sharper than the others so less likely to F@&k it up.
    So for Carl that's high praise .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom