• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    What's the story with Advanced Armament these days? A few years ago, they were the "bad boys" of silencers and rode a massive Class 3 wave and were acquired. They had tons of models. Seeing fewer models now, more competition. Are they still relevant?

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    IMO - No they are not relevant right now.:whack:

AAC does have a rep responding in the Silencer Section of ARF now, which was not the case a year ago. He is hinting at some new cans coming in the short future. And it appears that they are still responsive to warranty claims.

That said, I cannot think of any current AAC suppressor that I would buy, outside of a crazy good bro deal from an ATF agent who would ramrod my Form 4 in a week. :lol2:

With respect to customer service...
    I don't own SilencerCo, but man, they are killing it in customer service. Guy on ARF had 2 baffle strikes on the same trip (one may have been shot by his friend!?! Its a shit show on pages 2-3). SiCo ended up fixing both (had to shorten both but meant no new stamps). "Fixed" cans pictures are on page 5 so you can skip the drama.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/4...e_5_____I_got_them_back_and_pics_are_up_.html

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Silencerco customer service is amazing.

I had a baffle strike with my 5.56 Specwar.

Mailed it of for repair, it was back in less than 1 week.

I am now waiting on the stamp for my Omega.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have bought several AAC cans this past year after going to,a demo at a range. I was very impressed with how quiet they are.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
      Capture.jpg
      24.6 KB · Views: 642

89BSP

Jun 12, 2013
    Allegany County
    I didn't know that Remington had bought them. That explains why the DPMS I was looking at comes with an AAC flashhider/silencer adapter now.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

For free?

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I wasn't aware they were bought either. Wonder if that's why a few years ago they had amazing deals on TiRant cans. I got one for 400 I believe and they were running buy one get one free after that.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    They're still out there, but due to the spike in suppressor manufacturers their luster has faded. I am waiting on a couple of AAC cans (45M & 556SD) and I own a SDN6. I recently had a positive experience with AAC/Remington CS after I purchased a bad AAC blastout diverter. I received a replacement in two days.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

For free?

Same for me. Had a baffle and end cap strike on 762 Specwar (my fault). Sent it in and it was returned in a week. They also updated the ASR mount. All for the cost of shipping it in. They paid the return shipping.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    AAC was bought By Freedom Group, same bunch that has Remington Bushmaster and a host of others.
    Well when they took over part of the deal was that the owner Kevin Brittingham was to stay on as CEO
    He stayed till the terms of he contact ended then they kicked him out and stiffed him for the balance of the sale price.
    Kevin fought in court for 4years and won,Last I heard he's at Sig running there suppressor program
    Now AAC is not half as good as they were before, That's what happens when accounts get in the gun business and only care about the bottom line,No passion for the product

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    Good lead. Brittingham has since left Sig to form his own company again. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...aunches-q-new-firearms-rd-manufacturing-shop/
    Might be launching some stuff at SHOT 2017.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Some recent pics from Q:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BNkT8B7j_cW/?taken-by=the_official_q
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BNdE3pUD2j9/?taken-by=the_official_q

Model names are funny but they look like a continuation of his work at Sig. The good news is that even more suppressors are going to hit the market in 2017.

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    I recently had a positive experience with AAC/Remington CS after I purchased a bad AAC blastout diverter. I received a replacement in two days.

Out of curiousity, did the pin that holds the ratchet fall out? That happened to mine and it took three weeks to resolve because they were backordered for replacements (not repairs). I'm wondering if the wrong size hole was drilled out for the pin on their first run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom