• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Here's my thinking. A pre 10/1 Form 4 is like a purchase order. With a PO, if you ordered an M1A from Springfield in August, and it comes in now or a few months down the road, you can still take possession of it. I could be dead wrong, but that's how I am treating it.

How'd that work out for pre 10/1's and HQL's?

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Didn't MSP say you didn't need an HQL for a pre-10/1 order?

Yeah, but the AG said you did. So who's right?

:sad20: Who knows.

Keystone-cops.jpg

Ah...LOLZWUT?!

This is absolutely tyrannical. It was tyrannical when they revoted an amendment in the house judiciary committee and its tyrannical now.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County

Neither: "...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The more credence people give to these tyrants the more it legitimizes their position in their minds. It is the same exact situation when a child tells you something that is wrong and you don't correct them.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Didn't MSP say you didn't need an HQL for a pre-10/1 order?

MSP said they do not intend to ENFORCE that portion of the law. They never said it wasn't what the law, in fact, said or that you didn't need one.

The advisory issued on 3/20/14 does not have an effective date. Not sure when the inquiries went in, but they sure dragged their feet if it was anytime before the law went into effect, which I am pretty sure is the case given the great debate here on MDS since the bill came out.

It appears to have been written in haste (with the typo on definition of SBS) and could have been thrown together in a matter of days.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Since SBRs are handguns and rifles, stripped lowers on a Form 4 should be approved.... Or.... Will MSP say they are illegal because I could build an Assault Long Gun. All of this is so incredibly stupid.

TNW

Jan 27, 2014
    Keystone-cops.jpg

Ah...LOLZWUT?!

This is absolutely tyrannical. It was tyrannical when they revoted an amendment in the house judiciary committee and its tyrannical now.

Just watched the X-Files episode that has this clip in it...

Sorry, off topic I know.

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    Anything new? I have reading through and don't know if I should be discouraged or encouraged. I want to SBR a 300 BLK on a lower I have had for some time. The the stock fully extended a 10 barrel with no muzzle device would be 29" overall. I had wanted an 8.5" barrel but can live with the extra 1.5" to stay on the right side of MSP's interpretation. As for evil features, no greande launcher, no folding stock and a brake instead of a flash suppressor and I think I pass the evil feature test.

I know most of you are not lawyers but am I wrong in my thinking. If I Form 1 it myself, I think I am good.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    (Meanwhile , after taking a break from this thread for a cpl days .)

Back at #203 , Yes , states may have additional rules/ restriction beyond the NFA . But the problem is when Md's rules are internally incompatable.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Anything new? I have reading through and don't know if I should be discouraged or encouraged. I want to SBR a 300 BLK on a lower I have had for some time. The the stock fully extended a 10 barrel with no muzzle device would be 29" overall. I had wanted an 8.5" barrel but can live with the extra 1.5" to stay on the right side of MSP's interpretation. As for evil features, no greande launcher, no folding stock and a brake instead of a flash suppressor and I think I pass the evil feature test.

I know most of you are not lawyers but am I wrong in my thinking. If I Form 1 it myself, I think I am good.

CPL Edwards of the MSP Licensing Division has stated that the MSP does measure OAL as ATF does. Stock OPEN/EXTENDED with any non permament muzzle device removed.

He sent me a link as reference: http://www.atf.gov/files/publications/download/p/atf-p-5320-8/atf-p-5320-8-chapter-2.pdf

SB281 Blaster

Feb 4, 2014
    Queenstown

You are allowed one evil feature, your choice.

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    Good news for many on this thread. A few pieces of info from an inside source. It is currently the understanding within MSP that the Grandfather clause applies to the 3/20 advisory. More specifically, pre 10/1 lowers may be SBR'ed under Form 1 without concern for OAL requirements. In addition, pre 10/1 Form 4 are good to go.

THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom