• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    The house I just purchased has about 1/4 ac back yard. It’s got some trees and LOTS of weeds including poison ivy. It also has lots of low spots, a few small stumps, some granite stones and mature trees.

I’d like to talk to you if you’ve got a bobcat, decent skills and are interested in a cash job. I want to keep the mature trees and I’ll grind the stumps. I’ll have 10+ yards of soil delivered and I want the leaves and weeds shoveled out and the property leveled away from the house.

I had a neighbors boys over for a few hours today and two trucks + two trailers didn’t make a dent. It’s a lot more hand work than I bargained for.

Pm me if interested. Thanks.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    I've obviously never seen your property, but am relating it to a project of my own at my last house, and I'm thinking that 10 cu/yd isn't going to do much regrading on a 1/4 acre. I removed ~60 cu/yd out of the back/side yard of my 1/3 acre and it was a full weekend with a Bobcat.

And you are correct, a 1/4 acre is a ton of work to be done by hand. If you don't have any luck with the membership here, put up a post on the phone app Thumbtack.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I would section it and work a little at a time. Even once you regrade it it'll settle some, especially as old root masses deteriorate.

Kill it, grade it, plant it and water it.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Appreciate the advice so far. Hoping to get it done to about 80% in as short a time as possible. I’m on a slight hill but the way the ground runs it puddles in many places. After the initial regrade I can drop another yard or 5 of topsoil and wheel barrow it to the remaining low spots in the late summer when it has settled. Do the same thing next year and I should be good. Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom