• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    Dialed in at 25 to 50 yards with the ammo that was running the best today being tulammo... lets hope for more consistency from here out...

Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    If I could post pictures I would... For all my wonderous computer skills I can't make posting pictures on this board stick.. at 25 yards I was good with well under three inch groups with tul ammo, at 50 yards I was pushing the three inches maybe a touch wider but still satisfied with what I have been getting comparitively by shooting mix and match boxes of whatever I could find here and there... Didnt wait for the next cease fire to move my target to one hundred yards that will be another day.... but over all my fixed stock sgl 21 is more or less satisfactory....

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    As do i, if it truly is grouping that bad there is something wrong with the gun itself, something bad...like, the barrel being loose

Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    one is being sent back to arsenal already, the other will be checked over... and as i said well under 3 inch at 25 yards... most of which was under1 to 1.5 inches at the 25 yard mark...

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    one is being sent back to arsenal already, the other will be checked over... and as i said well under 3 inch at 25 yards... most of which was under1 to 1.5 inches at the 25 yard mark...

ah...well why didnt you just say that...seems better to say 1-1.5" groups at 25 rather than 'well under 3"'...thats so vague and misleading lol.

but good, i still think that is a bit wide for just 25 yards, my sgl shoots roughly 1" groups at 50 with silver bear HPs if i do my part...heres one of her 5 shot groups...ignore the 6th shot thats high, i really dont remember how that one got there lol.
    target4.jpg

Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    it will do that with tulammo at 25 at 50 it will be roughly with in that what three inch circle? but I guess that is just the AK variant for me? My AR holds tight groups I had just always assumed it was the AK platform that would never hold up to the AR in the accuracy aspect not that they are not good guns... but that they just are not as accurate....? believe me I would think it should hold a solid group atleast out to 50 if not one hundred yards... but again also actually getting trigger time on this gun may be what is needed...

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Generally speaking ars will be more accurate...but aks are no spray and pray junk rifles...i would love to get my hands on your rifle and some trigger time to see what it does...you said you shoot your wasr good, right?

Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    at 25 yards yes, It has a front site cant that makes it worthless past that until it can be fixed... But hell if you want to meet at AGC one day have at it I am all for it... It may be my eyes at 50 yards with an AK sight but I do alright with my garand, AR, and so on... But it could very well be me.. I feel like my other arsenal did well the one day I had it out, but due to recent findings it is being sent back to be checked out for an issue unrelated to accuracy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom