• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    I am looking to replace the handle on a True Temper Flint Edge hatchet. I have found a couple places online, but I haven't found any locally (AACo).

Does anyone know physical stores in the area that have wooden replacement handles?

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    I've never had any luck finding handles locally. I just order online from House Handle. Their selection is good.

Thanks, I picked up a scout handle from them. I assume they add shipping on later since they don't quote it when you order.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I should clarify, I've never found a good selection locally for different handle lengths and eye sizes. I replace my tomahawk handle now and then and also re-handle old axe heads from flea markets and yard sales. A good eye fit reduces the amount of hand fitting you have to do or the epoxy you have to use and is stronger than an undersize one.

Thanks, I picked up a scout handle from them. I assume they add shipping on later since they don't quote it when you order.

Yeah, it's usually not too much. My handles were literally packed with plastic wrap and had a USPS label stuck on them.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    So the scout handle I bought was the wrong size. Instead of guessing again I went looking for a store in the area. Lowes, HD, ACE, and Tractor supply were all misses. Bowens in Annapolis had a decent selection of hatchet and axe handles. Hatchets in the front area and axes in the rear. Once I get this cleaned up and finished I'll post some pics.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I miss the old Leonard Jed Company off Key Hwy. They had everything and hundreds if not thousands of handles with other hard to find inventory . You could find us there every week . But on-line is about the best to hope for and buying more styles then what you need .

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Morningstar Market in Pa has an outside shed vendor that has a large selection of wood tool handles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom