• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    What a bunch of F'ed up degenerates on this board! And yet, I can't quit you!

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    This is so messed up!

I find myself looking for the date that the Glock Gen5s are going to be added to the MD approved handgun roster. I have 2 F’ing G19 Gen4s, and a G43, and I am fricking actively looking to buy a gen 5. I KNOW that’s pretty f’ed up (at least, for me-I have become aware that many of you are WAY more f’ed up than I am).
    When will I come to my senses?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I find myself looking for the date that the Glock Gen5s are going to be added to the MD approved handgun roster. I have 2 F’ing G19 Gen4s, and a G43, and I am fricking actively looking to buy a gen 5. I KNOW that’s pretty f’ed up (at least, for me-I have become aware that many of you are WAY more f’ed up than I am).
    When will I come to my senses?

Yeah dude that's not even minorly f'ed up. You have a lot of work to do.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    For those of you who have more than one of the same model, what is your reasoning for that? I ask because every time I buy a gun I find myself looking for something different. Maybe that’s my problem, that I haven’t found the perfect gun yet so I keep searching? I’m curious what drives others in that regard.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    For those of you who have more than one of the same model, what is your reasoning for that? I ask because every time I buy a gun I find myself looking for something different. Maybe that’s my problem, that I haven’t found the perfect gun yet so I keep searching? I’m curious what drives others in that regard.

You always need a spare or in my case I don't want my grandchildren fighting over who gets what when I die so I need at least one of each for each.:D

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Right after you buy the shotgun, go out there and buy 2 stripped AR lowers....they are only $110 each..
    ...might as well buy 2 at once.

They are nice to have and some day you can acquire the parts and assemble it yourself.....fun and educational. At some point, in the future, you can buy a complete upper and have it shipped to your house.....some day.

Newsflash, you will buy all parts and uppers within one month of buying the stripped lowers......im going through this right now...

Hi, Im Roger and im an AR Addict.

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    4 guns. In a year = OBSESSION

Only 4 guns? That's not an obsession, just a healthy interest.

Maybe it seems okay now, just one year in. Where the hell am I gonna be in 10 years? Guns out the wazoo!

It is so foreign to me that most of you fellow degenerates think that it is normal!

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Muscle memory

I was intending to get 3 Glock 19 gen4s. One for the office, home and for concealed carry. I wanted the same feel for each gun, no matter where it was. I didn’t want to think “which gun is this?” When I needed it. Also, same mags. Interoperability.
    The 19, I found, was too big for me to conceal. So I moved to the next best option, Glock43. Almost the same in most aspects. Much less imprinting.
    So, that was my reason for getting multiples of the same gun.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Bought 2 identical Wyndham AR’s and 2 identical Ruger AR’s. First, because you never know - soon I probably can’t. Secondly, I set all 4 up differently, with different stocks, pistol grips, front rails, sights/red-dots/scopes, VFG, AFG, hand stops, standard hand guards, 2-point slings, 1-point slings, etc... I wanted to see what all of these varying accessories were like in action, whether or not I liked or preferred either item/style over another. Sadly, haven’t shot all of them enough to make my decision(s), but so far so good on all of them. That could be a problem.:sad20:

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Addict?

Right after you buy the shotgun, go out there and buy 2 stripped AR lowers....they are only $110 each..
    ...might as well buy 2 at once.

They are nice to have and some day you can acquire the parts and assemble it yourself.....fun and educational. At some point, in the future, you can buy a complete upper and have it shipped to your house.....some day.

Newsflash, you will buy all parts and uppers within one month of buying the stripped lowers......im going through this right now...

Hi, Im Roger and im an AR Addict.

Roger, you’ve been at it a while, it seems. I just got my first rifle 3 months ago, and shot about 2,500 rounds. I have taken Chad’s AR course. I have purchased many thousands of rounds, not counting for the many thousands of 9mm rounds.
    I have gotten my steel target certification from AGC today, and have built the steel target rig.
    And yes, I have a wife and kids, and a job. This is getting out of control!

Watch, some other poor f’ing fellow nut job/addict is bound to respond “aw shucks, that’s nothing!” And commence to state how much more f’ed up they are, LIKE IT’S NORMAL!

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Can't just have one!

I made fun of a friend who brought his first firearm, and about a year later, had purchased 7!

I now find that I am now in a similar situation, having bought 4 (3 pistols and a rifle). I am constantly tempted to purchase more. WTF!

In addition, I took a Glock Armorer's Course, and am signed up for SOTAR AR15 course in a few weeks.

Is there something akin to a 12-step program? HELP!

Wait! Four? And their all different? :rolleyes:

Jez, just wait until you're going through your safe and you find four that are the same.

And you're not even sure what they are. :party29:

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    i feel obligated to chime in since i too have recently discovered and come to terms with my "sickness". i am obsessed with building from parts. its actually to the point i enjoy searching for deals on parts more than the actual builds. i've got 2 different builds that i haven't even started and i'm already looking at 2 or 3 other projects. HELP

:D

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Maybe it seems okay now, just one year in. Where the hell am I gonna be in 10 years? Guns out the wazoo!

It is so foreign to me that most of you fellow degenerates think that it is normal!

:omg:

I just realized you don't have a muzzle loader! You have to have a muzzle loader nothing like the smell of Black Powder smoke in the morning. No complicated FFL paperwork required you can buy them direct. Of course there are percussion caps, flint locks, match locks, in-lines, cap and ball revolvers, etc...... Then you will want to explore cannons.
    http://www.buckstix.com/howitzer.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom