• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    This is dumb. (Just my opinion, of course, and we all know what they say about assholes...er...opinions) For the same money one could have basically the same rifle built and glassed.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    This is dumb. (Just my opinion, of course, and we all know what they say about assholes...er...opinions) For the same money one could have basically the same rifle built and glassed.

So could anyone. Hell, Remington sells the M40 package on the civilian market last I checked...but it's not a US Mil M40.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I think he reproduction M40 rifles from m40 company go for around 3K without glass.

An original would be an incredible thing to pull it if the safe and stare at. And I would have to shoot it at least a few times.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I think he reproduction M40 rifles from m40 company go for around 3K without glass.

An original would be an incredible thing to pull it if the safe and stare at. And I would have to shoot it at least a few times.

I think I'd take it from the safe, shoulder it and go Phew, Phew a few times. Those scopes are worth a ton of money alone. I'd hate to knock that thing against a bench or something else.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I think I'd take it from the safe, shoulder it and go Phew, Phew a few times. Those scopes are worth a ton of money alone. I'd hate to knock that thing against a bench or something else.

I have seen one of the scopes in the wild. It is in a family members collection. Not sure what he gave for it. But I truthfully never thought I would see a correct rifle and scope together.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I looked at the auction and was wondering, if it was in fact, a Marine Corps rifle, how did a police department order it or come in to possession of it?

Or did I read the description of the rifle wrong?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    That Ruger Government .22 is pretty dang sweet!!

Honestly, that and the rifle are the two things that are the most attractive to me.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I looked at the auction and was wondering, if it was in fact, a Marine Corps rifle, how did a police department order it or come in to possession of it?

Or did I read the description of the rifle wrong?

Probably the same way some PD's get APC's and other Military gear.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I was skeptical in my OP and turns out I had a reason to be. But I was hoping to see this be real and see how much it would bring.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Probably the same way some PD's get APC's and other Military gear.

I thought that way too but wasn't sure if it applied to weapons? I didn't think the Marine Corps ever got rid of anything until it was absolutely beyond repair.

I guess it doesn't matter, the question kind of answered itself.

I'm glad this was caught and stopped before it went any further. What a damn shame.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I thought that way too but wasn't sure if it applied to weapons? I didn't think the Marine Corps ever got rid of anything until it was absolutely beyond repair.

I guess it doesn't matter, the question kind of answered itself.

I'm glad this was caught and stopped before it went any further. What a damn shame.

You said it brother!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom