• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Posted on the CMP forum by Orest yesterday. :party29:

"The CMP has been successful in acquiring another large quantity of HXP .30-06 ammo. We expect delivery in Jan 2010 and should have the ammo ready for sale by Feb or Mar. Until we actually receive and inspect the ammo, we will not know what packaging configurations will be available, but expect them to be the same as we have had for the past few years. We do not yet know what our final cost will be. We do know that the quantity is large enough to satisfy our customer needs for several years. We will not accept any pre-orders or establish a waiting list. Thanks for your support and patience."

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    I follow the forums and support the CMP. I hope some new rules are established to minimize people from buying for the intent of reselling for profit. Hard to do. I would guess an annual limit will remain in effect but for regular competitors the amount isn't enough. Still happy about the announcement. :party29:

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    I'm not thrilled with the limit but it keeps people from taking thousands of rounds home and reselling them at 160 a spam can while others are left out in the cold. Rationing is what its all about and hopefully this time this shipment will last as long as they say it will.

surplusfan

Feb 2, 2009
    PA
    That is great news! I just wonder about the future--maybe get some commercial manufacturer to start making mil spec 30-06 for a reasonable price. Too much to ask?

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Would this ammo be safe in an 03A3 or a 1917?

Absolutely, so would ALL of this, some pretty oddball stuff BUT it was manufactured for military use.

Even the Columbo Gold, 1967, very smooth and a sweet smell when burning. :D

Attachments

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      49.2 KB · Views: 108
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      45.1 KB · Views: 110
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      46.9 KB · Views: 104
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      55.7 KB · Views: 106
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      37.5 KB · Views: 113

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Think mechanical first, a PUMP is a good choice. Semis can be finicky with ammo

Depends, simplicity a double, the Browning Auto 5 has been around 52 years LONGER than a 870, which I also love. :) So it's mechanics are rather impeccable in itself.

Bottom line, any PROVEN design is like a sore dick, just can't be beat. :thumbsup:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Would this ammo be safe in an 03A3 or a 1917?

Just wanted to add.....the 1903, o3a3 and 1917 do just fine with commercial ammo as well, no modifications needed. A few of us have been noticing that the 1917 in particular loves heavier ammo (168's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom