• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    After trying my .22 AR conversion with Mini-Mags at 100 yards, I thought it best to switch to something else. I got an email ad this morning from Quantico Tactical, nice deal on a wood stocked 10/22 and Magpul hunter stock. I called up and confirmed that they had both parts I wanted in stock. I thought about picking up a scope a Cabela's for it, specifically the .22 with BDC reticle. That all flew out the window when I saw another 10/22, specifically the Target model with a Vortex Scope for under $600. The package deal includes rifle, scope, scope rings. The trigger is much lighter than a stock 10/22, as I had a couple shooting next to me with standard 10/22s with barrel bands. They were impressed by the trigger and how well it shot. Let's see if I can get some pictures up.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I'm not doing the foot thing. Here's the rifle in sections.

Attachments

• stock.jpg
      stock.jpg
      52.9 KB · Views: 1,120
    • scope&action.jpg
      scope&action.jpg
      123.3 KB · Views: 1,113
    • ruger-barrel.jpg
      ruger-barrel.jpg
      152.6 KB · Views: 1,140

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The first pic here is a three shot group at 50 yards, then two 5 shot groups at 50 yards.

Attachments

• 3-shotgroup-50-yards.jpg
      3-shotgroup-50-yards.jpg
      42.4 KB · Views: 1,139
    • 2x5shots-50-yards.jpg
      2x5shots-50-yards.jpg
      42.4 KB · Views: 1,113

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The laminate stock has been replaced by the Magpul version. The Magpul stock is lighter, easier to get a bipod attached, and I'm not going to worry about scratching it. I have another trip to the range today, then I'm practicing for the 3-gun match that's on Saturday.

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    I really enjoyed mine until it fell off of a bench. :banghead: Thankfully the Leupold took most of the hit, although it did pull the threads out of one of the scope mount holes.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    So a quick update. When I installed the action into the Magpul stock, I didn't notice it at first, but the barrel was wiggling. The one screw that holds the action in the stock isn't enough to hold up the heavy barrel. So, I had to put the spacer they included under the barrel and now the barrel isn't moving. I was hoping for a free-float barrel, but that appears to not be possible with the heavy barrel.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Too much barrel weight with only one receiver screw. That creates the need for a pressure pad on the 10/22.

One prominent member on this board mentioned bedding the 10/22’s barrel and free floating the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom