Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Buy a revolver..

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Wow, another epic thread! Banned magazines to banned rifles to banned newbie with a grammar Nazi thrown in...

My Gentleman Jack just became a little bit more enjoyable...

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Okay, I have communicated with the poster and do believe this was a misunderstanding and he was referring to magazines. So I'm letting him back in the clubhouse. Bottom line is always look at how what you write in the thread can be interpreted in terms of the conversation you are following. Especially if brand new.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Okay, I have communicated with the poster and do believe this was a misunderstanding and he was referring to magazines. So I'm letting him back in the clubhouse. Bottom line is always look at how what you write in the thread can be interpreted in terms of the conversation you are following. Especially if brand new.

:thumbsup:

swin, I'll accept your apology any time you're ready. :innocent0

jk :D

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    you guys are fair and reasonable for sure.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Wow, another epic thread! Banned magazines to banned rifles to banned newbie with a grammar Nazi thrown in...

My Gentleman Jack just became a little bit more enjoyable...

:lol:

So, we should be mindful of how what I'm implying could be inferred?

This thread is like the old super dooper looper roller coaster, it's been up, down, and looped round and round. :D

Whee!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If people are going to complain about what "it" might have meant, they should also educate themselves on the difference between the words "implied" and "inferred". Good God!

A person who writes or says something doesn't "infer" anything. They might imply it, but you as the reader do the inferring.

Attachments

• grammar nazi snoopy.jpg
      grammar nazi snoopy.jpg
      44.3 KB · Views: 307

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just catching up. Seems reasonable. He chose an alias that appears to be his first name, middle initial, and last name (at least I'm inferring this), so not really an alias, lol, and probably no hidden agenda.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom