• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Spinny Vinny deliberately set up MPGV as an astro-turf funded organization that could not be taken over, but of course he made sure to cut himself in on cash disbursements.

As for this one meeting, the stroller moms that run it are now wary of us since we crashed their Howard County meeting back in September, so they are prepared to silence debate, and worse, escalate to calling the cops for a "disturbance of the peace". But trust me, the fact that they know we are in their seats warps their mojo, so it is totally worth it!

We can usually get in a bitch-slap question or two before they refuse to entertain more questions from our side.

We need the Pink Pistols and any Pro 2A women to attend. This will blow their minds if they see it's not just old white guys getting in their faces.

R&R, get to your contact list and see if we can't get a diverse group to attend.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    We need the Pink Pistols and any Pro 2A women to attend. This will blow their minds if they see it's not just old white guys getting in their faces.

R&R, get to your contact list and see if we can't get a diverse group to attend.

We've have tried nine ways to Sunday with Pink Pistols. Just ask Dogbone, who has attempted some excellent and thoughtful outreach.

Pro 2A Women are much easier to chat up about attending--they are pretty much our wives, girlfriends, daughters and acquaintances. Our election picket against Van Hollen in Montgomery County a few months back was a great example of recruiting the ladies for an event. We can do it again....and should.

Their greatest help is that if they sit apart from us recognizable cowboys at the meeting, they could be called on for a question that will chap the MPGV mommies.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    We've have tried nine ways to Sunday with Pink Pistols. Just ask Dogbone, who has attempted some excellent and thoughtful outreach.

Pro 2A Women are much easier to chat up--they are pretty much our wives, girlfriends, daughters and acquaintances. Our election picket against Van Hollen in Montgomery County a few months back was a great example of recruiting the ladies for an event. We can do it again....and should.

Their greatest help is that if they sit apart from us recognizable cowboys at the meeting, they could be called on for a question that will chap the MPGV mommies.

That all sounds good. Wouldn't it be nice if we had more attend the meeting than their side?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    That all sounds good. Wouldn't it be nice if we had more attend the meeting than their side?

That's why I suggested getting together to eat and shoot the breeze before we gang up on the MPGV. Yes, if we are serious here on Planet Keyboard, we should Tsunami their meeting with our attendance and enjoy the absolute discomfort and disruption it will cause.

Time for a gut check: Who's in?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Pro 2A Women are much easier to chat up about attending--they are pretty much our wives, girlfriends, daughters and acquaintances. Our election picket against Van Hollen in Montgomery County a few months back was a great example of recruiting the ladies for an event. We can do it again....and should.

I'll second R&R. Both Dogbone and myself registered on the PP forum that was created after the Orlando shooting and posted up the Patriot Picket events and got crickets every time. Y'all know the saying about leading a horse to water, but we can't even get a rope on the horse.

I did cross post this on the Central MD LGBT thread.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'll second R&R. Both Dogbone and myself registered on the PP forum that was created after the Orlando shooting and posted up the Patriot Picket events and got crickets every time. Y'all know the saying about leading a horse to water, but we can't even get a rope on the horse.

Baby steps, folks. There's a lot of history that makes people in both camps a bit skittish. This partnership will grow right along with mutual understanding and trust.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Mrs. Stove right now is a maybe. I'm working on it.

She did have a good time in Germantown, I think the socializing before/after helps.

Enjoyed chatting with the Mrs. at Caveys Compound :thumbsup:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

I'm retired now, can you PM me any contacts you may have and I'll see what I can do. Doubt I can do any better, but I'll feel better if I at least try.

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Did someone post a link to RSVP? W2D II and I plan on attending. She's itching to wear her Quantico Tactical hat. (If only Raskin would be there!)

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Ok, I am just curious. Has anyone attempt to talk *sense* to these folks? I mean part of their agenda (if you believe their web site) is tougher sentencing and better police enforcement of existing gun laws (you know, like laws banning felons from possessing). I can agree with that. Heck, according to the B. Sun, the Baltimore Police Department seems to have trouble making lawful arrests or proper Terry stops. Maybe the MPGV would back efforts to give the police better training. I can help them with that -- free Terry stop training for LEOs! Did that law for years.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's AN approach. Our collective wisdom is that their "meetings" aren't actually discussions, but one sided lectures.

But hey, this approach will at least fluster them. Either they would have to admit common ground with us, or else further expose their hypocrisy.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    It's AN approach. Our collective wisdom is that their "meetings" aren't actually discussions, but one sided lectures.

But hey, this approach will at least fluster them. Either they would have to admit common ground with us, or else further expose their hypocrisy.

Exactly. If they are serious about "gun violence" then they should support measures that remove from society the actual actors engaged in such violence instead of endlessly trying to regulate and restrict the rights of persons who are not committing any violence. BTW, are you more dead from gun violence than from say, knife violence? Isn't the common denominator the bad guy rather than the tool employed?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Ok, I am just curious. Has anyone attempt to talk *sense* to these folks? I mean part of their agenda (if you believe their web site) is tougher sentencing and better police enforcement of existing gun laws (you know, like laws banning felons from possessing). I can agree with that. Heck, according to the B. Sun, the Baltimore Police Department seems to have trouble making lawful arrests or proper Terry stops. Maybe the MPGV would back efforts to give the police better training. I can help them with that -- free Terry stop training for LEOs! Did that law for years.

Brian B. tried to make a few corrections and provide some corrected information at their last meeting, but I believe the leadership tried to shut him down, and he wasn't being bombastic or combative in doing so. The leadership, as Brian told it, just didn't want anyone to hear an opposing view.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Brian B. tried to make a few corrections and provide some corrected information at their last meeting, but I believe the leadership tried to shut him down, and he wasn't being bombastic or combative in doing so. The leadership, as Brian told it, just didn't want anyone to hear an opposing view.

Trying to convince anyone who is certain that you are wrong and they are right is as effective as trying to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and theirs. Especially if they're trolling for Bloomberg money.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Oh, we'll never change the motives of the MPGV apparatchiks , our target audience is any of the public that wanders by.

At the least show that the anti sentiments aren't universal, break them out of their self reinforcing vacuum. At best show that our side is commited to reducing Violence , gun and otherwise, and we have constructive positive ideas.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Trying to convince anyone who is certain that you are wrong and they are right is as effective as trying to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and theirs. Especially if they're trolling for Bloomberg money.

Actually, Brian made some inroads with some of the folks attending, several asked that he continue because they wanted to hear what he had to say. If we continue to show up and provide fact based information and not come off as arrogant gun nuts, we can probably win a few of them over on the issues we have in common.

I think if more of them knew about Nolle Pros and the numbers from Baltimore, they would change their tune and go after the other elected officials (States Attorneys) instead of inanimate objects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom