• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Best of both worlds; used in like new condition 6" Model 25-5. See Shooters Discount this weekend at the Frederick Gun Show.

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    Best of both worlds; used in like new condition 6" Model 25-5. See Shooters Discount this weekend at the Frederick Gun Show.

Hi Lou,

Unfortunately, I'm not going to make the gun show this weekend. I'll check with you next weekend to see if you still have it. I gunbrokered a 25-15, but I'd buy a pre-lock as a non-shooter or rare shooter. For that model, I'd need to dig up some calipers to measure the cylinder throat.

I haven't seen you in a while. I hope you are doing well.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    There's nuttin' shy about this gun as it exhibits almost 100% original blue and hardly a mark or turn ring on the cylinder. Definitely in 45LC as very apparent by the long case area before the step toward the front portion of the chambers. If I were collectin' these in 45 LC, this one wouldn't be up for sale.

I'll be open this week on Friday 04/08/16 from 11 to 7 only as I have major plans for Saturday 04/09/16 to hear and help with a triceratops (an old 3 keyboard pipe organ with many stops and hundreds of pipes) perform many numbers including some from the "Phantom Of The Opera" with a friend which is an accomplished keyboard player (piano and organ), composer, writer, and musical arrangement. Back in the day I had lengthy access to one of these monsters a few days a week at my disposal and didn't play/practice on it much at all, wow, what a waste that was. Now, just to have this incredible beast in front of and almost surrounding me is an honor. Then topping it off we're going to see/hear Celtic Woman at the Hippodrome that evening. Definitely a day worthy of having the shop closed.:D

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    Agreed. Definitely a worthy day for having the shop closed. Unfortunately, I won't be able to cast off the chains long enough to get up to Mt. Airy on Friday. I'll plan for April 16th.

I have no doubt that the gun is chambered in 45LC. Some of the earlier 25-5s had oversized cylinder throats that hampered their accuracy. I could remedy that by reloading, but I haven't started, yet (it's coming soon).

Thanks for the info, Lou. I'll check with you on the 15th to make sure you still have it, before I make that trip.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Saw that gun at the show today, it looks really good!! The early guns were set up for .454"dia. bullets that are normal for the .45 long Colt, later they changed the design for use with .452"dia. bullets commonly used for the .45acp due to consumer demand. The larger dia. lead bullets work well even in the later guns but, accuracy issues were present with the early guns when the smaller dia. bullets were used. This was not a fault of the gun, only the fault of those using the smaller dia. bullets. I had one that looked just like the one Lou has and it shot really well. I didn't take a close look to see if it was an early or later mfg. gun. Use the correct bullets for the gun and I guarantee you will not be disappointed with accuracy!

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Agreed. Definitely a worthy day for having the shop closed. Unfortunately, I won't be able to cast off the chains long enough to get up to Mt. Airy on Friday. I'll plan for April 16th.

I have no doubt that the gun is chambered in 45LC. Some of the earlier 25-5s had oversized cylinder throats that hampered their accuracy. I could remedy that by reloading, but I haven't started, yet (it's coming soon).

Thanks for the info, Lou. I'll check with you on the 15th to make sure you still have it, before I make that trip.

I should have my 1 year post heart surgery reduced standard two day schedule that week, Friday 04/15 from 11 to 7 and Saturday 04/16 from 11 to 5.

Saw that gun at the show today, it looks really good!! The early guns were set up for .454"dia. bullets that are normal for the .45 long Colt, later they changed the design for use with .452"dia. bullets commonly used for the .45acp due to consumer demand. The larger dia. lead bullets work well even in the later guns but, accuracy issues were present with the early guns when the smaller dia. bullets were used. This was not a fault of the gun, only the fault of those using the smaller dia. bullets. I had one that looked just like the one Lou has and it shot really well. I didn't take a close look to see if it was an early or later mfg. gun. Use the correct bullets for the gun and I guarantee you will not be disappointed with accuracy!

There seems to be alotta' controversy over the M25 as it took me a pretty good while to REALLY find out what this gun is. The new Blue Book showed the M25 in 45 LC at something like $4,000.00 to $5,000.00 in value and i knew this was incorrect as there were a fair amount of those guns made in 45LC, usually in the "dash odd #". The ridiculously high prices were ultimately for the very early guns in that caliber. The dash5 in that caliber started the values in the more realistic ranges.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    WOW! $4,000- $5000 for an early gun! That is a lot of money, even for an early gun. I think I traded one of those to my best friend way back when.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom