Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    FTF sale in MD, still cash and carry?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Without knowing all the particulars, generally speaking, I am not a lawyer, yes. There are no more regulated rifles (save for stripped receivers kinda sorta). It's either banned or it isn't.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Thanks.

Clinton ban era Bushmaster.

Uh-oh. If I'm not mistaken MSP was calling all Bushmaster semi-auto rifles as banned by name. It reads that way in the statute. Including even HBAR's.

Even though the statute was probably intended to apply to the old original Bushmaster rifle (not an AR pattern), I don't think they see it that way. Others may have more up to date info but AFAIK they haven't changed position on that.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    So many laws, statutes, rules, and regulations that are based on such arbitrary, unconstitutional BS. It's really hard to even understand them let alone have respect for them......

k9guy

Feb 12, 2011
    What about Bushmaster stripped lowers? A stripped lower is just a lower no matter what name is stamped on it.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    What about Bushmaster stripped lowers? A stripped lower is just a lower no matter what name is stamped on it.

I am sure it would still be disqualified. The AR lower is considered the firearm. Unless of course it has never been a rifle (unlikely) and one is going to build it into a pistol. Then one would need to do 77R ppw on it.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I am sure it would still be disqualified. The AR lower is considered the firearm. Unless of course it has never been a rifle (unlikely) and one is going to build it into a pistol. Then one would need to do 77R ppw on it.

Bushmaster has sold stripped lowers in the past. MSP has said they would kick back a stripped lower rollmarked Bushmaster, despite it being able to be legally assembled as a pistol.

Simplest answer is to sell everything but the lower. Sell the complete upper and parts kit.

Jagzilla

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    Bushmaster has sold stripped lowers in the past. MSP has said they would kick back a stripped lower rollmarked Bushmaster, despite it being able to be legally assembled as a pistol.

Simplest answer is to sell everything but the lower. Sell the complete upper and parts kit.

I'll hang on to it since I can't trade it. It was made back when Bushmaster was a quality product and it's an extremely accurate 20" Hbar.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Ahhh... Another HBAR thread! Game on. Even my phone dictionary has learned HBAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom