• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I doubt the Democratic party will want Frosh running. He's very old, and has some baggage when it comes to victim's rights.

By all estimates, it looks like Kevin Kamminetz is being groomed to run against Hogan.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    The question may not be what others think about Frosh running, but what Frosh thinks about himself running. And there has to be some reason behind that "AG replaced by the same party" ballot question. After all these years why now, if not that Frosh has tipped his hand to the Dem GA leadership that he intends to run?

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    The question may not be what others think about Frosh running, but what Frosh thinks about himself running. And there has to be some reason behind that "AG replaced by the same party" ballot question. After all these years why now, if not that Frosh has tipped his hand to the Dem GA leadership that he intends to run?

Isn't the AG and Governor election the same year? Therefore Frosh would have to choose which he is running for so the ballot question would be more if he ran next time and didn't feel he could finish the term.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Frosh can run for Governor and not step down or resign from his post as AG (Gansler did it), I think this has more to do with the Comptroller than the AG.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County

He was hopeful of a Clinton win and appointments to that administration, which is why I think that was on the ballot for this election.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Frosh manipulating MSP behind the scenes does nothing to increase his anti2A bona fides.

He could allow the process to move forward enough that the battle comes out in the open, and that might allow him to be seen as an anti2A crusader again, but i actually dont think he could win the fight in the open.

I think he's happily just exercising his power behind the scenes, and laughing at the anti Hogan fallout, for now.

Once we see the outcome of Kolbe, expect to see many many more changes at LD initiated by the AG.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Frosh manipulating MSP behind the scenes does nothing to increase his anti2A bona fides.

He could allow the process to move forward enough that the battle comes out in the open, and that might allow him to be seen as an anti2A crusader again, but i actually dont think he could win the fight in the open.

I think he's happily just exercising his power behind the scenes, and laughing at the anti Hogan fallout, for now.

Once we see the outcome of Kolbe, expect to see many many more changes at LD initiated by the AG.
    Source?

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Just got hit up with this email from the Governor. Any suggestions on how to respond regarding his efforts on MSI? I want to make sure I am articulate as possible. BTW: The email came from the generic email: info@hoganforgovernor.com

Peter -

First and foremost, I want to thank you for an absolutely incredible year. The support across the State has been exceptional, but it’s your generosity and hard work that will enable us to keep changing Maryland for the better.

We set a goal this year that at first seemed unattainable, but with your help we are nearly there. As of today, we are just $192,000 shy of hitting our 2016 goal. And I need your help.

You have been so incredibly generous and for that we are so grateful. But I am asking for your help because I know you’re one of my strongest supporters - and because I know you want to hit our yearly goal as much as I do.

If you can please make a donation of $1,000, $500, $100 or even $50, I assure you that absolutely every penny counts.

Again, thank you for your incredible support and friendship.

Sincerely,

Larry Hogan
    Governor
    P.S. We only have a few days until the legislative session begins. Show your support by making a contribution today!

Last edited:

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    I also got the email. I considered responding that I would donate after he addressed my Wear and Carry Permit concerns, but I figure he would never see that message.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I also got the email. I considered responding that I would donate after he addressed my Wear and Carry Permit concerns, but I figure he would never see that message.

That's why I'm asking here. I bet our MSI leaders have an idea.

Last edited:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Either folks are going to give to Hogan's campaign or they aren't.

Either folks are going to help reelect a Republican Governor or they aren't.

Rehashing these donation threads is meaningless and potentially dangerous. Politically speaking.

Either folks want to see Maryland run by a Democrat Governor or they don't.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    If you can please make a donation of $1,000, $500, $100 or even $50, I assure you that absolutely every penny counts.

This was my response:

My financial donation this year will be directly proportional to your official position on the right of law-abiding Maryland taxpayers to keep and publicly bear any firearm in common use for the protection of self and others. I await your thoughtful [and quotable] response.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Either folks are going to give to Hogan's campaign or they aren't.

Either folks are going to help reelect a Republican Governor or they aren't.

Rehashing these donation threads is meaningless and potentially dangerous. Politically speaking.

Either folks want to see Maryland run by a Democrat Governor or they don't.

My intention wasn't to rehash old threads. I was just looking for experts more versed than me to tee up an articulate response.

Totally agree that we need to support him to be re-elected. He has limited power to do much with our GA (as I'm sure you know), but I'd like to see more progress on issues he may be able to exert some influence, e.g. MSP LD's SOP.

It's all good.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I don't see Frosh running for Governor unless there is a vacuum. In MD you can only be Gov for 8 years, you can be AG or Comptroller forever. No vacuum with the super popular Hogan and the field of (D) contenders; actually I see the next (D) candidate as a sacrificial lamb ... just trotted out for show. The D's have no super star with knock out potential against Mr Popular.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    My intention wasn't to rehash old threads. I was just looking for experts more versed than me to tee up an articulate response.

Totally agree that we need to support him to be re-elected. He has limited power to do much with our GA (as I'm sure you know), but I'd like to see more progress on issues he may be able to exert some influence, e.g. MSP LD's SOP.

It's all good.

I'm not busting your ba!!s.

You/everyone needs to understand that Hogan is beyond powerless. The man doesn't even have veto powers. That is truly powerless.

NO AMOUNT of money donated will make him any more powerful. NO AMOUNT of finely crafted letters will arm him with the ability to fight the grabbers. The Left owns Annapolis.

Folks don't want to hear it, but they need to put blind faith in the man in 2018. And pray that some things will turn our way. AFTER he's been REELECTED.

I don't like the lack of progress we've seen, but I also know I don't want to see some Douchenozzle Democrat running the state. Hogan, being a political animal, knows this too. He knows when push come to shove, people will use their HBARs to pry their wallets open. In the end, folks will donate.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Did anyone else get this email from Gov. Hogan?

Here is his email, and my response. It won't do any good, but it pissed me off that he has the balls to ask for money. Oh well... here it is:

(sorry I can't copy the exact format)

On Dec 27, 2016, at 3:42 PM, Larry Hogan <info@hoganforgovernor.com> wrote:

Hogan for Governor
    Ed -

First and foremost, I want to thank you for an absolutely incredible year. The support across the State has been exceptional, but it’s your generosity and hard work that will enable us to keep changing Maryland for the better.

We set a goal this year that at first seemed unattainable, but with your help we are nearly there. As of today, we are just $192,000 shy of hitting our 2016 goal. And I need your help.

You have been so incredibly generous and for that we are so grateful. But I am asking for your help because I know you’re one of my strongest supporters - and because I know you want to hit our yearly goal as much as I do.

Again, thank you for your incredible support and friendship.

Sincerely,

Larry Hogan
    Governor

P.S. We only have a few days until the legislative session begins. Show your support by making a contribution today!

Contribute
    FACEBOOK

TWITTER

My reply:

Governor-

You need my help? Well, I need yours, too, and I’ll gladly contribute substantially the day I'm allowed to to obtain a Maryland concealed carry permit. Until then, I am a defenseless, mobility impaired retiree who does not have “Good and substantial” reason greater than that of the average Maryland citizen. For this reason the Troopers who work in the MSP Licensing Division continue to deny my rights to armed self-defense preparedness, as well as the rights of tens of thousands of Maryland taxpayers.

All that needs to happen is to define “Personal Protection” as Good and Substantial, and then the State Police Licensing Division will no longer have the indefensible bureaucratic BS to continue to deny law abiding citizens the right of armed self defense preparedness. A RIGHT, by the way, guaranteed in the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution, and recognized by at least 45 other states.

There is not now, nor has there ever been, a justifiable reason to deny law abiding Maryland citizens the ability to defend their lives and the lives of their families. There are tens of thousands of folks like me who will gladly contribute significant amounts of money, both in donations to your campaign, but more importantly to the State of Maryland, in the form of revenue from Concealed Carry permits.

Respectfully,

R56 Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom