Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old June 1st, 2019, 05:12 PM #91

Came across this site following the NRA drama. https://www.thetrace.org/ Beware it’s a pro gun control reporting site. So the NRA reporting will be biased as such. Some of the antics aren’t that uncommon in large non profits (i.e. using a fund raising firm you own), huge exec salaries, and are often the reasons I don’t give to large charities. What I found alarming was the news that they’ve been spending more than they’re bringing in.
MSI Sustaining Member
SOTAR Alumni
Anotherpyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2019, 05:28 PM #92
@therange

@therange

Has the NRA released any type of statement yet? or should they?
Old June 11th, 2019, 08:05 PM #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Has the NRA released any type of statement yet? or should they?
Beyond the email from the new president telling us how united and financially sound they are? I havenít seen anything.
MSI Sustaining Member
SOTAR Alumni
Anotherpyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 04:44 AM #94

As far as I am concerned Ollie North once again showed he is an American patriot by exposing the NRA's issues at personal cost to himself.
Old June 12th, 2019, 10:25 AM #95
i pi

i pi

Right, by leaking it to the New York Times and Bloomberg-funded Trace. With patriots like that who needs communists.
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 07:24 PM #96
HVAC Expert

HVAC Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
As far as I am concerned Ollie North once again showed he is an American patriot by exposing the NRA's issues at personal cost to himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danb View Post
Right, by leaking it to the New York Times and Bloomberg-funded Trace. With patriots like that who needs communists.
Before this started, I did not know it was possible from my opinion of Mr North to be lower. He proved me wrong.

Thus, the only inquiry that this Court should conduct is to determine whether the firearms prohibited by the Act are protected by the Second Amendment. Because they are, the Act is simply unconstitutional.
Mark75H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 08:40 AM #97

Guess it would of been better to address the members of the NRA. What a radical thought. Keep this stuff in house. Disappointing.
V
Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 08:50 AM #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbharvey View Post
NRA is a lobbying organization. Why would it be any different from other lobbying organizations? They arenít earning congressional votes with sound reasoning and pocket copies of the constitution.
Swamp dwellers do what swamp dwellers do.
NRA is less proportionally a lobbying organization than GOA and others.

NRA is the healthiest type of organization. It a legitimate grass roots organization with millions of members, an entire spectrum of activities, and about 6% of it "lobbying."

They actually do work with sound reasoning and the inherent legitimacy of having a lot of members.

NRA's opponents on the other hand have no paying members and are virtually 100% lobbying groups, in fact what the gun control organizations actually are are money laundering operations , driving and delivering at least $200 million a cycle into the partisan political process. They are arms length, vest pocket DNC laundering ops, through charitable and non profit fronts.

That with NRA targeted by the media, and in fact NRA's funding targeted by the gun control lobby, that stripped out at least $70 million in corporate and other funding from NRA, created stresses and resultant problems means what? It means you and I were attacked,m our organization was attacked and than made some mistakes common to non profits but which are being amplified by the media.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 08:53 AM #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
The NRA issues are no different than any non profit that has a toe in lobbying, of which there are thousands.

What North, who has a history of opposing Second Amendment rights of individuals did was work directly with Bloomberg's "The Trace" Which is is an arm of the gun control lobby.

collie North has done more to damage your Second Amendment rights than Bloomberg himself could ever hope to.
Old June 13th, 2019, 09:10 AM #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherpyr View Post
Came across this site following the NRA drama. https://www.thetrace.org/ Beware itís a pro gun control reporting site. So the NRA reporting will be biased as such. Some of the antics arenít that uncommon in large non profits (i.e. using a fund raising firm you own), huge exec salaries, and are often the reasons I donít give to large charities. What I found alarming was the news that theyíve been spending more than theyíre bringing in.

They are common as heck. They just never get reported. And NRA own demographics tend to be in rural states where these salary, remuneration or spending numbers seem large, when they are not.

About seven years ago a major non profit membership association client of mine got embezzled for $4.1 million by its executive director and accountant. It was a huge loss since their annual operating budget was about $700,000 million, about half paid for with member dues and about half from their endowment. Worse yet their insurance maxed at one million dollars. The sole and entire public/media coverage was a single three sentence piece in the trade publication for not for profit news. Nothing in the WPost, NYTimes, WSJ., etc.

Let's keep in mind there never would be a real examination of Everyone, "March For Our Lives, "Moms Demand" books and a public and publicized investigative pieces. Those are pure top down, narrowly controlled groups that are media darlings.

As far as NRA sending more than taking in, virtually ALL non profits do that in some years or sets of years. In the case of the NRA, Kendeda and several of the gun control groups specifically -- and successfully -- targeted a good deal of NRA's funding.

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues