• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    https://practiscore.com/pntc-august-2018-kahr-defensive-handgun-am/register

https://practiscore.com/pntc-august-2018-kahr-defensive-handgun-pm/register

still some room in the morning, and a lot of room in the afternoon match. this is pretty much a fun pistol or pcc match. not a lot of rules other than the normal safety stuff (muzzle pointed downrange, finger outside trigger guard while moving, reloading, clearing a jam, etc). peacemaker is pretty newbie-friendly. if you sign up for the PM match, you can squad with me and i'll be happy to show you the ropes. basically you run around and shoot targets, whether cardboard or steel.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    seriously, if you've only shot on a static range, slow fire, the action pistol/firearms sports are a LOTTA fun and you need to give one a try. i got my cousin started recently and he's already signed up for his 3rd match, bought a new handgun, better scope for his AR and looking for a better shottie. if you don't have a holster, we'll let you start from low ready. if you don't have enough glock 17 mags, i can bring some for you (but 2 17-rounders should be plenty for each stage of this match. if you don't have mag holders, just use your back pockets. i can also bring a g17/19 holster and mag pouches, you just need a stiff belt. really, no excuse to getting started having a lot of fun, and great practice with the guns and gear your life might depend on some day. all this is if you sign up for the pm match as i'm doing that instead of the morning one. i will be there NLT noon and can give anyone a walkthru of the stages and go over the minimal rules and safety rules/issues, you'll be totally prepped for your first match!

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Really sounds like fun, my only handguns are a P226 Legion and a M11-A1. Would love to try it out. But the NRA needs some physical support on Saturday. When is the next one? And what do you need to bring?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    just look at their website for upcoming matches (www.peacemakernational.com). for most of their handgun matches (kahr defensive, super steel, steel challenge) you want a stiff belt, handgun and holster, 2+ magazines and mag pouches. eye and ear protection. lots of other clubs around (york, thurmont, frederick, eastern shore, southern maryland, etc) that have various handgun matches (idpa, uspsa, falling steel, etc) just look for those matches in this section or check out www.practiscore.com where you can search for various matches. some if not most clubs will want you to take an intro class or show up 1-2 hours before a match just to go thru the basics. peacemaker doesn't, but if you do something unsafe or potentially unsafe (finger inside trigger guard while moving or reloading, not keeping your muzzle generally downrange, etc) you will be dq'd, first match or not, but that is same everywhere else. where ever you go, just find the match director when you show up, let them know it's your first match, and they will take care of you. do the same with the RO (range officer) at each stage.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    next match there is this saturday, august 25. this is a run-n-gun, all falling steel (they call it supersteel). normally 6 stages, 20-30 pieces of steel per stage, including knock overs, poppers, plate racks, polish/propeller plate racks. can shoot handgun, pcc or shotgun. i'm doing the afternoon match, as always anyone wanting to get in to action/competitive shooting is welcome to squad with me and i'll do what i can to show you the ropes. the morning match normally ends around noon so if you want to spectate some to get a feel for things, show up before that.

hollyb1

Oct 11, 2012
    Halethorpe
    next match there is this saturday, august 25. this is a run-n-gun, all falling steel (they call it supersteel). normally 6 stages, 20-30 pieces of steel per stage, including knock overs, poppers, plate racks, polish/propeller plate racks. can shoot handgun, pcc or shotgun. i'm doing the afternoon match, as always anyone wanting to get in to action/competitive shooting is welcome to squad with me and i'll do what i can to show you the ropes. the morning match normally ends around noon so if you want to spectate some to get a feel for things, show up before that.

Sent you a PM with a bunch of questions. Sorry so far my only "match" has been the York fun shoot, so I am not used to pre-regging and all that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom