• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boonie Hat

Jan 2, 2013
    Baltimore County, MD, USA
    Hey guys, I picked up this example today, but I'm having a heck of a time figuring it out. I believe it is a mismatch due to the serial and No instead of NO, but the font seems like it could be right. Frame possibly Ithaca? Slide is Remington Rand, barrel is HS, thumb safety is checkered, hammer is checkered, slide stop is serrated. What do I have?

image_zpsm9rswhxb.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    image_zpsjv5ls98z.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    image_zpsedhwbmzk.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Based on your description and pics, it's might be an all original Rem Rand. Serial should place it in ultra late '43 production IIRC. You may wanna' check and see if the slide is numbered to the gun (later 1911A1's didn't have numbered slides and this practice was generally discontinued during 1943). Unloaded, with the slide locked to the rear, depress the firing pin into the firing pin hole and begin to slide the firing pin retainer (the thinggy with the hole in it that the firing pin was through) down out of the bottom of the slide. Be careful that the firing pin doesn't go shooting across the room as it's under spring pressure. If the slide is numbered, it'll be underneath where the firing pin retainer was.

over/under

Nov 11, 2012
    I don't think RR ever numbered their slides. I believe that was a pre/early war Colt trait. It looks like a late '43 or '44 RR frame with a type 3 RR slide.

Boonie Hat

Jan 2, 2013
    Baltimore County, MD, USA
    Based on your description and pics, it's might be an all original Rem Rand. Serial should place it in ultra late '43 production IIRC. You may wanna' check and see if the slide is numbered to the gun (later 1911A1's didn't have numbered slides and this practice was generally discontinued during 1943). Unloaded, with the slide locked to the rear, depress the firing pin into the firing pin hole and begin to slide the firing pin retainer (the thinggy with the hole in it that the firing pin was through) down out of the bottom of the slide. Be careful that the firing pin doesn't go shooting across the room as it's under spring pressure. If the slide is numbered, it'll be underneath where the firing pin retainer was.

Slide is marked "G" behind the retainer. Is that correct? Any other markings I should be looking for while it is disassembled?

EDIT: frame is also marked "G" and has a few very small markings on the inside that run toward the front

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom