• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Hadn't heard about this one until late last night on the radio. Not the same organization that does the big show in March, MACA. Seems to be a newer venture as they're listing this year as their fifth show. Here's their website w. info. They're expecting 500 tables so sounds worth the drive. If it's a smaller version of MACAs spring show then it should be worth attending.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    They would probably have more success if they spread the word better. I hope poor attendance because of that doesn't end it the first time out.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I was surprised hearing the ad last night. If I hadn't been up reading with the radio on I never would have found out about it. Since this is their 5th fall show it's been ongoing since 2014. Suspect word of mouth and online listings haven't worked too well up to now. At least the radio ad worked in my case. Probably effective for us old farts who still listen to radio, their target demographic.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I just attended my first meeting of MACA last week. I plan to join, and recommend that others do as well. Takes attending several meetings to become a member.

Apparently you need to be a guest of a member to attend. Milsurpdan was my man.

Bert762

Jun 29, 2014
    Is this mostly civil war or will I see some 1903, and Garland items, looking for a 1903 stock

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    If it's like the MACA spring show you'll see a bit of everything up to WWII. So you might indeed find a 1903 stock or someone who has a source.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have gone a couple times. First time it was almost all Civil war and earlier. Last time they had as said up to WWII
    I’m looking for a Krag this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2112rws

Jan 18, 2013
    Was there around 1:00 Sat. Not many people and didn't really see much/any buying or selling. Show was 95% Civil War. Didn't really see any WWI or WWII guns. Probably worth it if you are just interested in only civil war guns etc.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Was there around 1:00 Sat. Not many people and didn't really see much/any buying or selling. Show was 95% Civil War. Didn't really see any WWI or WWII guns. Probably worth it if you are just interested in only civil war guns etc.
    Thanks for replying.

bbaick

Nov 6, 2013
    I went there today. It was a small show with almost all Civil War era guns. I did see one 1917 Enfield and one Krag. I was in and out in one hour.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    bump.
    Is there going to be a 2019 show?

I checked the website but it hasn’t been updated since last year. I sent an email to the promoter to see what’s going on.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re not doing it anymore. They’re complete lack of advertising for it is what’s killing it, and the fact that they seem to always schedule it the same exact weekend as the Chantilly gun show.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    That's interesting, the MAX show (Military Antiques Extravaganza) by the Ohio Valley Military Society is also moving to York PA next year. http://www.sosovms.com/news.aspx

This is interesting! I've frequently attended the MAX show in Monroeville PA (outside of Pittsburgh) while home visiting family. But the venue isn't the greatest and parking sucks. York will be a much better venue for them. Should help to get vendors to attend.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Well, York is fine for me. They hopefully will make it in the fall cause Spring/March is Go time for Baltimore show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom