• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Nothing drive me nuts more then people who can't get to the point! It's like driving a muscle car in the fast lane and getting stuck behind a Prius going 20 under the limit.

9jzGmgi.jpg

HiHo Silver, and away!!!!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I've been here for a decade and don't understand why this is getting people wound up.

Trust me, it's been asked and answered.

Fairly sure the answer is they are not required to any public disclosure. That is how it rolls..

NRA and even "Mom's" will send financial disclosures. Maybe their entity types require it.

SAF

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD

Fairly sure the answer is they are not required to any public disclosure. That is how it rolls..

NRA and even "Mom's" will send financial disclosures. Maybe their entity types require it.

Ok; if that's the case then so be it. What is everyone reading into that?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

SAF

IIRC, due to their tax exempt status as a specific organization type, they are required to do their financials every year. Reporting them to anybody that wants them, might be another story entirely, if the person requesting the documents isn't a member of said organization.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The first post in this thread was a credible, mature and honorable effort to elicit important information.

For this thread to be immediately infested with gossip girl big eyes BS....is beneath contempt.

MSI President Mark Pennak puts in 40 hours a week as a VOLUNTEER, and scores of other volunteers do their level best to keep up with him as they allocate our precious donations to do what’s best for Maryland 2A.

The phrase “sacred honor” comes mind.

End-of-year accounting is underway now. I am happy to see our 2018 MSI reports too, but fiduciary obligations take priority.

Popcorn Brigade: any questions or concerns using your big words?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    990's are typically required to public for last three years upon request. Easy enough to post here.

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    The first post in this thread was a credible, mature and honorable effort to elicit important information.

For this thread to be immediately infested with gossip girl big eyes BS....is beneath contempt.

MSI President Mark Pennak puts in 40 hours a week as a VOLUNTEER, and scores of other volunteers do their level best to keep up with him as they allocate our precious donations to do what’s best for Maryland 2A.

The phrase “sacred honor” comes mind.

End-of-year accounting is underway now. I am happy to see our 2018 MSI too, but fiduciary obligations take priority.

Popcorn Brigade: any questions or concerns using your big words?

Back the truck up Jeff, you missed my meaning. I have zero info about the matter but many obviously know, didn't say and were just poking the tiger. I was referring to the posts, not MSI.

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    I'm getting the feeling I paid like $25 for a worthless plastic card?....I hope not :-(

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'm getting the feeling I paid like $25 for a worthless plastic card?....I hope not :-(

You didn't. MSI leadership works tirelessly in Annapolis during the session fighting for your 2A rights and also have introduced multiple lawsuits (HQL, Bump stocks, etc...) in the courts. They are hands down the leading 2A organization in Maryland in that regard.

There are members here who delight in stirring the pot and would revel in a financial statement that shows some sort of impropriety or malfeasance.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

You are one of more than a thousand Marylanders who are committed to fight for our rights via your donation to MSI.

There are NO paid staff members, just your fellow firearm owners who want to serve. All donations go to hire the lawyers that fight for us in one of the venues where we can win: the courts.

Our MSI board members donate their money as well as time meeting with legislators too, to move the chains.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I am a member of MSI and have no issues with the OP's question. If NRA members started asking the same question 5 years ago, they would have left long before The NRA backed a ban on bump stocks.
    Yes, I broke up with The NRA after FSA2013.

Our financials are available, on a confidential basis, to individual members at their request. We also discuss financials at MSI membership meetings. Free free to contact us at info@marylandshallissue.org. It is confidential for obvious reasons. Our adversaries would love to have that information.

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    You didn't. MSI leadership works tirelessly in Annapolis during the session fighting for your 2A rights and also have introduced multiple lawsuits (HQL, Bump stocks, etc...) in the courts. They are hands down the leading 2A organization in Maryland in that regard.

There are members here who delight in stirring the pot and would revel in a financial statement that shows some sort of impropriety or malfeasance.

Sounds right to me....I'll keep my membership up and I'd donate more if I wasn't a broke-ass :-)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom