are government employees no longer equal to citizens?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Wait, you are saying that the government has constructed a bunch of siloed agents precisely to avoid the appearance of a giant police force? Doesnt the conspiracy to avoid the appearance of a conspiracy prove the conspiracy??

All this time I simply thought that the government was incompetent and wasted a lot of money.

No, my comment was sarcasm. You're saying it like that because you seem to find some purpose for your existence by looking for conspiracies where there are none.

4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017
    I used to work at HHS, so I can give some context. HHS-OIG recovers hundreds of millions if not billions in money stolen from Medicare and Medicaid annually. Their criminal investigators take part in a nationwide healthcare fraud taskforce called Strikeforce. They work hand in hand with agencies like the DEA and FBI. HHS agents do the same exact work on these cases as their FBI and DEA counterparts. These includes undercover work, surveillance, and large arrest operations. Many of the perpetrators are part of the organized crime world, as they have seen in cases in Miami and LA. They also are involved in DOJ's Opioid Crime Taskforce. Their involvement in opioids mainly stems from Medicare Part D. I can list dozens more examples, but my point is HHS-OIG is a legit LE agency, more so than many of the other big name IG's in the government.

Also, as other posters mentioned, HHS includes many other LE agencies like NIH police and FDA investigators.

Oh and HHS-OIG's authority has nothing to do with enforcing Obamacare.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    No, my comment was sarcasm. You're saying it like that because you seem to find some purpose for your existence by looking for conspiracies where there are none.

Were it not for conspiracies, there'd be no conspiracy theories.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    wnBMtrY.jpg

Wait, you are saying that the government has constructed a bunch of siloed agents precisely to avoid the appearance of a giant police force? Doesnt the conspiracy to avoid the appearance of a conspiracy prove the conspiracy??

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011

Yep and there are charges related to "conspiracy" under Title 18 USC but that doesn't mean they apply to every person I come into contact with.

The point being, be it "conspiracy theories", actual criminal conspiracy, or just feeling that one's significant other is conspiring against them in some way should all be viewed with a little common sense and willingness to accept facts when presented by a reliable source. Otherwise it becomes paranoia and paranoia is a potential symptom of a whole host of mental disorders.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Good Point! lol

and for two years now the muller investigation is a theory ...

and as for the thread title: one can buy a bolt action Barrett 50 and the other may not so ... equal? not so much.

Why does it seem as though there is a lot of hate towards anyone posting info? Could be a conspiracy? ok, back to the range for me, I heard the dirt pile say something I have no idea about but I'll wrap it in tinfoil and call it names.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yep and there are charges related to "conspiracy" under Title 18 USC but that doesn't mean they apply to every person I come into contact with.

The point being, be it "conspiracy theories", actual criminal conspiracy, or just feeling that one's significant other is conspiring against them in some way should all be viewed with a little common sense and willingness to accept facts when presented by a reliable source. Otherwise it becomes paranoia and paranoia is a potential symptom of a whole host of mental disorders.

Good Point! lol

and for two years now the muller investigation is a theory ...

and as for the thread title: one can buy a bolt action Barrett 50 and the other may not so ... equal? not so much.

Why does it seem as though there is a lot of hate towards anyone posting info? Could be a conspiracy? ok, back to the range for me, I heard the dirt pile say something I have no idea about but I'll wrap it in tinfoil and call it names.

What the heck is a "fully automatic rifle round" anyways? Does it go off on its own?

At that point, I decided...

:innocent0

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I used to work at HHS, so I can give some context. HHS-OIG recovers hundreds of millions if not billions in money stolen from Medicare and Medicaid annually. Their criminal investigators take part in a nationwide healthcare fraud taskforce called Strikeforce. They work hand in hand with agencies like the DEA and FBI. HHS agents do the same exact work on these cases as their FBI and DEA counterparts. These includes undercover work, surveillance, and large arrest operations. Many of the perpetrators are part of the organized crime world, as they have seen in cases in Miami and LA. They also are involved in DOJ's Opioid Crime Taskforce. Their involvement in opioids mainly stems from Medicare Part D. I can list dozens more examples, but my point is HHS-OIG is a legit LE agency, more so than many of the other big name IG's in the government.

Also, as other posters mentioned, HHS includes many other LE agencies like NIH police and FDA investigators.

Oh and HHS-OIG's authority has nothing to do with enforcing Obamacare.

So wait. You mean to tell us that HHS isn’t here to enslave the population?! Get the F outta here!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    How do you get through life passing every cop on the road thinking they are coming for you.

Must be hard.

Seriously.
    Let's see. Whenever I see a cop on the road, or something that could potentially be a cop. I slow down and evaluate the situation. Usually that is enough to escape notice.

Based on observation of traffic patterns, most everyone else does the exact same thing.

Rob.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Everyone should look at the bright side of this. All those agencies each having their own arsenals, probably in several convenient locations are opportunities! When the next revolution starts these will be easy targets for the revolting ones to acquire military grade arms and those hard to find "fully automatic cartridges" that make them work. They will probably be less well defended than military arsenals.:sarcasm:

gizzard

Oct 30, 2012
    hagerstown
    during the obama administration, every agency got lots of ammo in md, even some weather stations got 9, 223, and buck. by lots of ammo, i mean 10-12 skids, or 1-4 skids. these were not the regular shipments of training ammo

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Let's see. Whenever I see a cop on the road, or something that could potentially be a cop. I slow down and evaluate the situation. Usually that is enough to escape notice.

Based on observation of traffic patterns, most everyone else does the exact same thing.

Rob.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Don't bother looking for the point of my post.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Can I ask a rational question.... why does EVERY federal agency need an armed law enforcement division. Why cant the IRS, DOE, NOAA, etc., etc. turn over their findings to a single federal enforcement agency. Same with security... GSA or whomever could be a single agency for security at all civilian agency facilities.

Because the Agency or Department wants CONTROL of their officers.

If they used one general armed security or general investigators they'd report to another agency and not the agency using them.

Why are there State Police, County Police, Sheriffs, Town Police etc.

Counties felt they weren't getting enough attention from the State....They started their own department. A town within a County wasn't getting the results they wanted so they have their own department.

Why does John Hopkins University want their own police force? Because they are tired of their campus having crime around it and Baltimore City clearly can't do anything about it. They feel they can ensure the safety of their staff, students, and customers with their own police.

This isn't even getting into the fact that not all investigations are the same and specialized training is required. If you had to train thousands of "federal officers" of all kinds of laws that they likely wouldn't ever enforce or investigate how would that go?

Insane isn't it?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    The HHS Office of Inspector General had 444 FLEOs. This force was armed with 1,061 pistols, 12 revolvers, 194 fully automatic firearms, 1 shotgun, and 2 rifles. It also had 541,864 pistol and revolver rounds. 386,952 fully automatic firearms rounds, 225 shotgun rounds, and 420 rifle rounds.

Can anyone tell me what the hell fully automatic firearms rounds are?

Are they different from fully semi-automatic firearms rounds?

Do they not require a firearm?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Because the Agency or Department wants CONTROL of their officers.

If they used one general armed security or general investigators they'd report to another agency and not the agency using them.

Why are there State Police, County Police, Sheriffs, Town Police etc.

Counties felt they weren't getting enough attention from the State....They started their own department. A town within a County wasn't getting the results they wanted so they have their own department.

Why does John Hopkins University want their own police force? Because they are tired of their campus having crime around it and Baltimore City clearly can't do anything about it. They feel they can ensure the safety of their staff, students, and customers with their own police.

This isn't even getting into the fact that not all investigations are the same and specialized training is required. If you had to train thousands of "federal officers" of all kinds of laws that they likely wouldn't ever enforce or investigate how would that go?

Insane isn't it?

^^^This

It's "their money". They are responsible for its proper application(sorry, couldn't find a better word).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom