• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    This buyback was a farce. They refused to pay me for my pipe shotgun. They all acted like they never saw one before. The Elmer Fudd weapons evaluator thought it was a joke and told me to take it back to home depot. The city was not serious about taking guns off the streets. A cop took a photo of it no doubt to share with his buddies around the donut shop. He had to audacity to ask if I still wanted to turn it in without getting paid.
    You need to take a vid of it being fired. Post it on the BP facebook page with your story. Especially if they post the pic they took. Remind them it is still out there because they laughed you off.

Sent using the user limitations inherent of mobile devices.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Yes...isn't it a violation of state law to transfer a high capacity magazine within the state? Isn't it a violation of state and federal law to transfer a handgun and especially a fully-automatic firearm without going through the appropriate legal state and federal process? It seems to me these buyback programs are in and of themselves a criminal enterprise. When are it's organizers going to face arrest and criminal charges?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    This buyback was a farce. They refused to pay me for my pipe shotgun. They all acted like they never saw one before. The Elmer Fudd weapons evaluator thought it was a joke and told me to take it back to home depot. The city was not serious about taking guns off the streets. A cop took a photo of it no doubt to share with his buddies around the donut shop. He had to audacity to ask if I still wanted to turn it in without getting paid.

You should have offered to demonstrate

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    If we were smart...everyone who was going to this would wear the same exact thing. It would be almost impossible to know who was making more than one trip.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

And yet the legislators get hysterical over the supposed threat of 3d printed guns, not realizing how easy it is to make zip guns, shotguns, and even submachine guns.

sar82007

Apr 6, 2013
    People's Republic of MD
    How will they know if you are a resident if it is unanimous? Also do you have to report to MD police if you transfer a handgun?

You mean anonymous. And yes they don't know if you are a city resident. It is no questions asked. When I went there they had mistaken me for someone who kept bringing "high capacity" magazines.

To transfer a handgun in Maryland the buyer must have a HQL. And has to fill out the 77R application on the MDSP Licensing page. Then the buyer and seller brings the pistol to the MDSP barracks and pay their transfer fee. After seven days the buyer and seller will receive an email notifying whether the buyer has been "disapproved" or "not disapproved"

sar82007

Apr 6, 2013
    People's Republic of MD
    You should have offered to demonstrate

That is the funny part. ELmer Fudd didn't even try to load it with a dummy shell. You'd think they would get training to identify booby traps they might come across out in the streets. They don't even know when a gun is staring them in the face. That is why they paid $500 for an inert AT4. It just has to look threatening to them.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Missed the fun comment of the day.
    The got one semi-automatic 9mm. She was going to use the money to buy a newer better gun. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom